Non League Football

There’s been plenty murmurs that it might happen were they to get promoted to the National North.
I haven’t heard that from anyone reliable myself tho.

There’ll definitely be plans. I don’t think they’ve set a ceiling for where they want to end up tho and hopefully the new stand will follow not long after another promotion.

Despite what you think I genuinely want them to keep progressing. No reason to think they can't get to the National League at least. Harrogate are showing what can be done.

Despite what you think I genuinely want them to keep progressing. No reason to think they can't get to the National League at least. Harrogate are showing what can be done.
I’ve seen a few comparisons on here to teams who have thrown money at it then disappeared into the night.
I don’t recall any of them sustaining 1000+ crowds for 3/4 seasons.
To put it into perspective Morecambe got 1500 at the weekend in League 2.

I’ve seen a few comparisons on here to teams who have thrown money at it then disappeared into the night.
I don’t recall any of them sustaining 1000+ crowds for 3/4 seasons.
To put it into perspective Morecambe got 1500 at the weekend in League 2.

Yeah. Certain clubs have a ceiling. Spennymoor are as far as they can realistically go as there just isn't the fan base.
Shields is a big town, I'd imagine you could get 5000 gates in the league if the ground permitted it.

Morecambe used to get 2-3k when they were non league and winning most weeks. The novelty wears off for the floaters when results get worse, like 99% of clubs in the land.
No doubt, point is when ran reasonably well you’re able to have League football with them crowds.
Accrington not getting much more yet they’re on a par with Sunderland.

Half Times
Matlock 0-2 South Shields
Gateshead 0-0 Braintree
Hartlepool 1-0 Eastleigh
Blyth 0-2 Leamington
Southport 0-0 Darlington
Spennymoor 2-1 Nuneaton

Full Times
Matlock 0-3 South Shields
Gateshead 0-1 Braintree
Hartlepool 1-1 Eastleigh
Blyth 0-2 Leamington
Southport 0-0 Darlington
Spennymoor 3-1 Nuneaton

Last edited:
Alnwick survived a disallowed equaliser in stoppage time to progress 4-3 in the Alliance Challenge Cup against FC United of Newcastle. 4-1 up with just over 5 minutes to play. Not good for the heart :lol:

That wasn't pretty tonight marra. To much lashing the ball forward for me like. There looked some really good players there so I'm not sure why they play that way (admittedly that's my opinion from one game)

Was not there mate, missing a few games due to clashes with Sunderland. My next game is home against Billingham Synthonia. Shame I miss the Durham game, don't really like them very much.

Back