Non League Football

Hartlepool have won the odd game whilst this thread has been alive and I

:lol:

It was a tongue on cheek remark when I told @GordonMuchallNo1Fan to fuk off.
I’d only been talking to him a weekend before hand if I remember rightly (on here).
I’m pretty sure he didn’t even take it seriously himself (I hope not).

You take this place to seriously tho. You need to get a life pet.
At least tag me if you’re going to talk about me tho honey mwahh.

Backtracking furiously.

I doubt @GordonMuchallNo1Fan was offended to be honest. But if you say stuff like that expect a reaction. And as for it being a throw away remark, he has at no stage indicated that and retracted it.

I want ALL North-East non-league teams to do well, always have.
Well I think GM took it the way it was meant and it’s you who’s reacted on someone else’s behalf.
You’re not doing a good job of showing you want all north east non league teams to do well especially with all the generator crack and Shields bashing.
The more success in the north east the better the league teams will be because hopefully some of the young lads can do well there and then work their way to the top.

Backtracking furiously.
:lol::lol:

Inbox me hun.

Well I didn't turn up to the game wanting Hartlepool to get beat, daft arse. Of course I'm "quite pleased" Hartlepool won. What a stupid thing for you to say.
That’s really not my point tho.
Even having a dig at the highlights not being up is ridiculous.

You’re masquerading over scraping past a team that has barely existed in the last 30 years.
Where as Hartlepool at 1 time not long ago could have been plying their trade just below the PL.

Last edited:
@GordonMuchallNo1Fan are you a Sunderland supporter?
Former season ticket holder of 22 years, have watched Hartlepool a similar amount of time home and away. Now have a season ticket at Hartlepool. Enjoying this season to be honest

You’re masquerading over scraping past a team that has barely existed in the last 30 years.
Where as Hartlepool at 1 time not long ago could have been plying their trade just below the PL.

I'm just glad to see Hartlepool win, nothing more, nothing less. Keeps the good run of form going and from a financial point of view the £15000ish from Saturday in prize money will help the club and they have put themselves in the first round where prize money is £18000 and potentially £70000 for a TV game. 2 tough home league games up next, and this test of character from Saturday won't do anyone at the club any harm at all. Lots of positives to take from Saturday regardless who the opposition was, winning is never a bad thing.

Last edited:
Former season ticket holder of 22 years, have watched Hartlepool a similar amount of time home and away. Now have a season ticket at Hartlepool. Enjoying this season to be honest

Nothing against you choosing to watch Hartlepool over Sunderland ... However it amazes me that people who choose to watch South Shields over Sunderland are demonised while people who decide to watch other non league clubs aren't.

Nothing against you choosing to watch Hartlepool over Sunderland ... However it amazes me that people who choose to watch South Shields over Sunderland are demonised while people who decide to watch other non league clubs aren't.

I started watching Hartlepool in 1993 when they were shit in the relegation zone (my uncle played for Hartlepool) and I've bought my first season ticket when they dropped into the non-league for the first time in their history. Big difference to be honest in that a lot of folk have jumped on a Shields bandwagon because they are doing well. I'm watching one of (if not the most) unsuccessful professional football club in England in the last 100 years

I started watching Hartlepool in 1993 when they were shit in the relegation zone (my uncle played for Hartlepool) and I've bought my first season ticket when they dropped into the non-league for the first time in their history. Big difference to be honest in that a lot of folk have jumped on a Shields bandwagon because they are doing well. I'm watching one of (if not the most) unsuccessful professional football club in England in the last 100 years

Does it matter how long you have supported a team? Doesn't matter one bit, you are choosing to watch Hartlepool over Sunderland just like majority of the Shields lads are choosing to watch Shields over Sunderland. It is the exact same thing.

My personal opinion is that Sunderland AFC needs its supporters more than ever and so I am still going to SAFC games.

Does it matter how long you have supported a team? Doesn't matter one bit, you are choosing to watch Hartlepool over Sunderland just like majority of the Shields lads are choosing to watch Shields over Sunderland. It is the exact same thing.

My personal opinion is that Sunderland AFC needs its supporters more than ever and so I am still going to SAFC games.
Enjoy

That’s really not my point tho.
Even having a dig at the highlights not being up is ridiculous.

And some of your lot were wanking off on here when you were top of the Northern League Division 2, with a budget bigger than the rest of them combined.

I was there today.

I was at Blyth last week.

I still checked my phone for the lads score but I can't bare to go back. At least these lads deserve a cheer and look like they're giving it their all.

Sunderland will always be my only club, but I see no harm in going and watching a cheaper alternative where it's a better experience.

I'll probably go and watch my old Sunday league side tomorrow too.
Who's your Sunday league team marra?

Whilst he has wiped all knowledge of Spenny buying league after league from his memory

havent exactly 'bought' any league recently. won the playoffs twice in consecutive seasons, massively against the odds. spenny have spent some cash, of course, but a hell of a lot of the success is down to good solid management, stability, not changing too many of the starting 11, and having realistic expectations (that have been passed).

Shields will need more than just money to progress further than the evo premier league. good luck to them though.

like has been pointed out, a big attraction of non-league is the humility shown between proper fans. its a completely different world to premier league football, it takes a while to get used to

Last edited:

Back