Non League Football

havent exactly 'bought' any league recently. won the playoffs twice in consecutive seasons, massively against the odds. spenny have spent some cash, of course, but a hell of a lot of the success is down to good solid management, stability, not changing too many of the starting 11, and having realistic expectations (that have been passed).

Shields will need more than just money to progress further than the evo premier league. good luck to them though.

like has been pointed out, a big attraction of non-league is the humility shown between proper fans. its a completely different world to premier league football, it takes a while to get used to

And it's the lack of humility that threatens to derail South Shields.

Jon Shaw is now saying that if Hartlepool are the best non- league has to offer then they can win the FA Trophy (as well as the other 3 competitions they're in).

I'm not sure where anyone has said Hartlepool are the best non-league team but in any case you don't win cups by losing at home.

But then Jon Shaw thought he was good enough for Luton....

And it's the lack of humility that threatens to derail South Shields.

Jon Shaw is now saying that if Hartlepool are the best non- league has to offer then they can win the FA Trophy (as well as the other 3 competitions they're in).

I'm not sure where anyone has said Hartlepool are the best non-league team but in any case you don't win cups by losing at home.

But then Jon Shaw thought he was good enough for Luton....
Surely it was Luton who thought John Shaw was good enough for Luton

I think that is mentality of a lot of Shields fans to be fair, their hounding of referee at Ryhope last year showed their arrogance. They seemed to think the Northern League owed them. I wish them well. but didn't like the way they went on.

Yes that's definitely the main point of my post.
No the main point of your post as to show how you really want ALL north east non league teams to do well.
You’ve read a story and put a negative spin on it. You could’ve seen it as Shaw thinks Shields are good enough to win trophy’s and has confidence in his team mates

I think that is mentality of a lot of Shields fans to be fair, their hounding of referee at Ryhope last year showed their arrogance. They seemed to think the Northern League owed them. I wish them well. but didn't like the way they went on.
Aye aye man no other team has a go at a ref ever. Mind I’m not sure what runners know about non league football

I used to travel with a few branches either Shields one from the Fountain or New Crown or with Flanny’s bus and there was never bother away more times was at Roker especially when we played the scum as I don’t have a mackem accent.

League cup win for south Shields tonight. attendance of 1058. Canny drop from Saturday but still not too bad
Not too bad that’s a great attendance for where they are. If you didn’t expect a drop from Saturday then you must be mental, Saturday was their biggest game bar the cup final last year for a long time.
I don’t understand why there is always a negative slant out against Shields Essex racially from a fellow non league side.

Not too bad that’s a great attendance for where they are. If you didn’t expect a drop from Saturday then you must be mental, Saturday was their biggest game bar the cup final last year for a long time.
I don’t understand why there is always a negative slant out against Shields Essex racially from a fellow non league side.
Hes on a mission Dick- spreading the same shite elsewhere https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/the-magic-of-the-fa-cup.1397414/#post-26401656 (post 16) owt for likes and the usual suspects responding with them...You know deep down its not the backing of Thompson that gets their back up, its the gates and the potential

Back