no mans sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see a class action lawsuit in the future as there's massive feature that were mentioned but aren't in the game. One massive omission is multiplayer.

I't getting bum raped in reviews because of this and the fact that once you've done one planet, it's just a repeat plus a token extra thing to do.
I can't, they didn't promise multi-player. They said you'd be able to see other players but it would be rare. Not being able to is not a massive omission, it's a minor feature that didn't happen.

Wouldn't make it to court.

I agree with it getting mediocre reviews, I thought it was 7/10 personally but can see why it's averaging at 64 on metacritic.

The 3/10 user score is the usual internet outrage from gobshites and shouldn't be trusted.

I can't, they didn't promise multi-player. They said you'd be able to see other players but it would be rare. Not being able to is not a massive omission, it's a minor feature that didn't happen.

Wouldn't make it to court.

I agree with it getting mediocre reviews, I thought it was 7/10 personally but can see why it's averaging at 64 on metacritic.

The 3/10 user score is the usual internet outrage from gobshites and shouldn't be trusted.

By the creators saying you see other players, that quite clearly implying that it's multiplayer. It's very much splitting hairs to say otherwise.

There's a massive list of other things that were promised or at least mentioned by the creators and were not delivered.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4y1h9i/wheres_the_no_mans_sky_we_were_sold_on_a_big_list/

This list is so extensive and includes items that were outright lied about there is legal grounding for a class action lawsuit. It's very plausible that it could fall under "false advertisement" like no other game has in the past. It's failures go further than just about every other game in history and could set a president.

I'd agree it's 7/10, but only for the first 10 hours, then it's little more than a repetitive grind and tech demo and overall a 5/10

Whether it was done by a team of 5 or 200, it's not worth £40. I'd pay £10 for it at most.

The low user score is because the game is legitimately overpriced, based on lies and only 10 hours worth of play.

I like it because I dont have to do "the path" or the story. The same reason I like Elite (and always have). There's no real point of the game other to immerse yourself in it.

I think people get too hung up on getting 100%, trophies and finishing stuff. I often just come in from work, hoy it on and chill. That's why I like it.

this this this

All the kiddies want to 'beat the game' i.e (in this case) they think that is get to the centre, in the shortest time...

People these days have the attention span of a gnat.

I like to take my time and savour a game..

By the creators saying you see other players, that quite clearly implying that it's multiplayer. It's very much splitting hairs to say otherwise.

There's a massive list of other things that were promised or at least mentioned by the creators and were not delivered.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4y1h9i/wheres_the_no_mans_sky_we_were_sold_on_a_big_list/

This list is so extensive and includes items that were outright lied about there is legal grounding for a class action lawsuit. It's very plausible that it could fall under "false advertisement" like no other game has in the past. It's failures go further than just about every other game in history and could set a president.

I'd agree it's 7/10, but only for the first 10 hours, then it's little more than a repetitive grind and tech demo and overall a 5/10

Whether it was done by a team of 5 or 200, it's not worth £40. I'd pay £10 for it at most.

The low user score is because the game is legitimately overpriced, based on lies and only 10 hours worth of play.

Yeah that would be great....

It's software FFS, it's a fluid thing. Wait until it is RELEASED as a product before buying.

It's as though people were completely unaware of what was in the RELEASED game..

Don't pre-order unless you love the concept.

Wait until the product is released and see the reviews before buying.

Last edited:

The devs literally said not to buy it if you wanted a multi-player experience. It was very unlikely that you'd cross paths with another player. I took that to mean that it was something cool that might happen, just not to me. I find it hard to get worked up over that.

This game was hyped to fuck by gamers, not the devs. That Reddit link just shows the ball of crazy that this has turned into. It's f***ing pathetic.

Mate, I'm typing this and I honestly can't be arsed getting into another pissing contest over a game with you. At the end of the day we've landed at opposite sides of 6/10, who gives a fuck really. :lol:

I'm really enjoying it. Learning all the Alien languages. Going on a pokemon hunt and finding all the animals on the planets. Trying to upgrade my multi-tool and finally got my second ship off the ground. For a couple of hours a night it's a great chill out game. Cool music and the visuals can be stunning.

The devs literally said not to buy it if you wanted a multi-player experience. It was very unlikely that you'd cross paths with another player. I took that to mean that it was something cool that might happen, just not to me. I find it hard to get worked up over that.

This game was hyped to fuck by gamers, not the devs. That Reddit link just shows the ball of crazy that this has turned into. It's f***ing pathetic.

Mate, I'm typing this and I honestly can't be arsed getting into another pissing contest over a game with you. At the end of the day we've landed at opposite sides of 6/10, who gives a fuck really. :lol:
while this is partly true, there is no way you can absolve the developer of all blame, was looking at a list earlier and this is just a few of the features they said were either already in the game or would be by release

• planetary physics
  • ship classes with meaningful differentiation
  • faction reputation with meaningful gameplay impact
  • homogenous resource availability
  • asteroid landings
  • space station and fleet destruction
  • large fleets
  • traveling freighters
  • large scale battles the player can join
  • in-atmosphere battles
  • NPCs outside trading posts and other docks
  • ringed planets
  • sand planets
  • flying between stars (as opposed to warping via the Galactic interface)
  • complex creature behaviour including environmental interaction
  • rivers
  • points of interest such as large structures and crashed freighters
  • hacking locked doors
  • radio chatter
  • interaction with other players
That's got nothing to do with the fans, that's Hello Games fault.

Murray's quote "To be super clear — No Man's Sky is not a multiplayer game. Please don't go in looking for that experience" was made the day before launch, when most of the people who were going to buy the game had and/or would not see it and after months of being mislead into thinking there were multiplayer elements. That is disingenuous and misleading.
A game like this being multiplayer is a massive deal as it opens up a completely different style of gameplay and interactivity, trading etc. So yes, it's worth getting worked up over.

No, the reddit link very clearly and succinctly shows it was the developers that promised a lot of features that simply were not delivered upon. Major features too. Many of these features were directly quoted from the horse's mouth or from videos. There's no ambiguity in that at all and no debate either, it's recorded fact.

Putting that aside, the game itself is not a finished game design. Sure it's fun up until you leave the first planet, but everything after those 5-6 hours (or whatever) is rinse and repeat with a small game dynamic in between, like having to craft a certain item.

Mate I couldn't give a toss if you want to debate with me or not really. I'm here to make a point more than debate, which is that Hello Games completely fucked this up and there's recorded evidence. This view is shared by the vast majority of the gaming community too, both gamers and critics alike.

It's very very average at best. Simply because there isn't much to do in it. I've been enjoying it just learning what to do and what each thing does but even though I haven't played it that much I'm growing bored already as I can see anything to really look forward to. Each upgrade thing seems to not really do that much and the ships are nothing more than an extra cargo slot in the main.

Worlds look nice and I like that they are "on the fly" but in the end it's just different graphics for what you mine on them and there doesn't seem much point in any exploration or anything. Even the base building will end up as meh. What's the point? Build a base and then what?

Cannot understand why gamers are defending them over the multiplayer thing either. They said you could see other players and you cannot. That is a massive error on their part and is basically multiplayer (as you can see and play with other players). Yes, it's not a game that is pure multiplayer (like an MMO) but you could still have the opportunity to see someone else and you cannot. Because it was supposed to be so rare it would have been one of those WOW moments. But they lied.

Mate I couldn't give a toss if you want to debate with me or not really. I'm here to make a point more than debate, which is that Hello Games completely fucked this up and there's recorded evidence. This view is shared by the vast majority of the gaming community too, both gamers and critics alike.
The vast majority of the "gaming community" don't give a fuck about No Man's Sky one way or another. I don't want to start butting heads with you because when we do we make threads shit.

Anyway, only popped on because Jim Sterling chucked in his two pence in this morning. He was pretty balanced tbf.

And here's an honest trailer:

Last edited:
I've had mine 21 days and CEX gave me a full refund including the £2.50 postage. :cool:

The lass in the shop asked why I was returning it so I said "Because it's No Man's Sky" and she just laughed and agreed. :lol:

It's absolutely f***ing shite and only 10% of the game that was promised. Mine went within a week. It's almost been forgotten about and it won't be long before the pile of shitdust that it is blows away.

Yeah. I think it's cool. Has anyone tried any decent PC mods for it? The low flying one looks cool.

I haven't got the PC version yet, I'm waiting until they've fixed a few of the bugs and maybe popped out some DLC. Shouldn't be long I reckon. Got it on PS4 though.

The low-flying mod looks great fun. The Big Things mod looks amazing too.
Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

Absolutely loving it like. Only scratched the surface of exploration as I'm spending so long on each planet. Got blown out the sky by some pirate bastards and my ship ending up at the bottom of a massively radiated sea. Felt like using the ship call points was cheating so had to swim to the bottom of a massive ocean to fix it up and fly off. Still never found every animal on a planet and only onto my second ship. Can't wait to go to some of the different coloured star systems but haven't got the materials for the drive blueprint I found yet. Probably played about 50 hours. So got my money's worth already.

One of those games you can just listen to music and chill out with.

I think they probably ran out of time and were pressured into releasing it by Sony.

I like the game but it does seem a bit "early access". Going to give them time to release more features before binning it.

I'm enjoying it though. As others have said it's definitely a chill out type of game - just what I need once the kids are in bed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back