no mans sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know people who want it so badly that I can't see anything other than it being a disappointment :lol:
Mind you I'll be giving it a go, but I won't care if it's shit cos I'm late to the bandwagon.

There's still very little information about what there is to actually do in the game.
I've seen interviews where the bloke has been bluntly asked "what do you actually DO, what's the ultimate point?" and he's waffled on for 15 minutes about finding plants.

I think they'd be better off admitting that there is no point in the traditional gaming sense of completing the final mission or beating the end boss etc.

Also, I appreciate it's a massive, massive world but the graphics I last saw were pretty appalling.

I've seen interviews where the bloke has been bluntly asked "what do you actually DO, what's the ultimate point?" and he's waffled on for 15 minutes about finding plants.

I think they'd be better off admitting that there is no point in the traditional gaming sense of completing the final mission or beating the end boss etc.

Also, I appreciate it's a massive, massive world but the graphics I last saw were pretty appalling.
On one hand I love the idea of it's scope then in some ways I think 6 quintillion planets? Whats the point? :lol:

"Murray claims that, were you to visit the game’s virtual planets at a rate of one per second, our own sun would have died before you’d seen them all."
:eek:

"Murray claims that, were you to visit the game’s virtual planets at a rate of one per second, our own sun would have died before you’d seen them all."
:eek:
Has there been owt about how big these planets are or how complex they are?

It's all well and good having all of the galaxies but if most of it is practically empty would you not be better off sticking with Fallout/GTA etc...

All it is is that planets are generated as you find them, so there's x amount of models and textures sounds and that and then maths happens and you get a "procedurally generated world". Fuck knows what you actually do in it other than fly about and land on planets.

Has there been owt about how big these planets are or how complex they are?

It's all well and good having all of the galaxies but if most of it is practically empty would you not be better off sticking with Fallout/GTA etc...
Planets are proper planets. Only the ones like earth are habitable. Most are barren just like real life. You'll probably never see another player!
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jul/12/no-mans-sky-18-quintillion-planets-hello-games

Always thought the graphics for this were shit. The only hope it has is if it's fully integrated to utilise VR. Even then, it could become very boring very quickly.

Apparently the aim is to get tot the centre of the universe where something happens and if you were to do nothing but this it would take about 40 hours. I'm going to get it but don't think it will live up to the ridiculous hype it's getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back