No admirer of refs but get this for snowflake players

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think refs having opinions about how teams or players are performing is very dangerous as it will impact their decision making.

I've watched loads of games (many involving us but plenty that don't) where the referee has clearly decided that one team is trying to play football and the other team aren't so he's pretty much awarded every decision to one team.

They need to put all of that out of their minds and just referee each incident in isolation.

Totally agree with Bournemouth here. Referees have to be completely objective and can’t be making personal comments on pitch.

they’re the first to spit their dummies out when they want respect. It works both ways
It's called banter, it's been going on for years, even ex players are coming out and saying its embarrassing that he's actually complaining about a little comment a ref has made
Link?

Absolutely baffled that people can't see anything wrong with this. It's disgraceful behaviour ffs.
Depends to be honest. If Goslings gone up ranting at him telling him he's having a shit game and he's responded "your teams having one" then, although really he should book him for dissent, I don't see an issue - Gosling shouldnt be twisting on in the first place and shouldnt be complaining when the same sort of stuff is thrown back at him.

It's called banter, it's been going on for years, even ex players are coming out and saying its embarrassing that he's actually complaining about a little comment a ref has made
I don't agree. Bullying, for example, on the Young Minds website, is: "If somebody physically hurts you, or verbally abuses you ...". I guess there are many who would say it's only banter! It depends if that is a shared understanding.

In this case, the players and management of Bournemouth, feel the comments of the referee are more than banter. Put downs, sarcasm, a referee's superior attitude can all greatly affect players, managers and coaches especially in teams down towards the bottom of the league where the stresses and stressors can affect morale, motivation and the rest. Referees should be straight down the middle, professional and impartial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back