No admirer of refs but get this for snowflake players

The minute players show respect and stop constantly haranguing, whining at, jostling and complaining to refs during games then I’ll be first to slate the match officials for giving players a little bit of verbal stick. If there’s genuine grounds for suspecting a referees decision making was anything other than impartial in a game then fine, investigate them. Otherwise it’s banter and players need to grow a set and wise up. The standard of many refs is abysmal, granted. Can’t say I’ve seen any evidence though of deliberately favouring one team over another.

Absolutely baffled that people can't see anything wrong with this. It's disgraceful behaviour ffs.

Depends on the context though, we're only getting the Bournemouth player's side of it. I doubt the ref just started taking the piss, must have been in response to something. Probably one of them questioning a decision, which players do all the time.

Players have been moaning that refs don't engage with the players enough and they act like robots, then when one tries to have a laugh they cry their eyes out. Next time Bournemouth play and any of their players question a refs decision, yellow card. Every single time. If that's what you want then fine.

They'll be down to 7 men in minutes.

Depends on the context though, we're only getting the Bournemouth player's side of it. I doubt the ref just started taking the piss, must have been in response to something. Probably one of them questioning a decision, which players do all the time.

Players have been moaning that refs don't engage with the players enough and they act like robots, then when one tries to have a laugh they cry their eyes out. Next time Bournemouth play and any of their players question a refs decision, yellow card. Every single time. If that's what you want then fine.

They'll be down to 7 men in minutes.
I'm against players doing the same to refs tbf. I don't know why they put up with it. A few short sharp shocks and the whole lot of them would sharp tow the line (or suffer the consequences).

Hope their fans dont sing 'Your not fit to wear the shirt' there'll be tears all over!!!
With Moss it’s’ You’re too fat to wear that shirt’
Would a ref be happy if he’d recently been dropped from reffing Premier League games and a player reminded him of it?

This reminds me of an old ref who I was friendly with - and a brilliant ref he was too: Neil Midgley, reffed for a long while in the top flight and was popular with the players. Different times but he used to " give it back" to the players.
He told me that if a player called him a c***, he would simply run past him and call him a c*** too, rather than book him or send him off. He was always talking on the pitch.
He reffed with a smile on his face but was never a pushover and the players respected him. Don't know if he was the ref in your centre forward story...but it sounds so like him.

Reffed the Milk Cup Final v Norwich

I'm against players doing the same to refs tbf. I don't know why they put up with it. A few short sharp shocks and the whole lot of them would sharp tow the line (or suffer the consequences).

Yet they do, and then cry like bairns when they get a bit back. If they want to be like that then fine, but they can't complain when the refs refuse to engage with players. Can't have it both ways.

Reffed the Milk Cup Final v Norwich
Thats right, we can't blame him for our performance that day (or the team selection!). When he retired as a ref he went on to have a pretty good career as an after-dinner speaker. Then, God bless him, he got the dreaded Big C and died aged 58.

Upset that he said "your team's having one"...

Probably in response so them saying the same about him.

100% this. I know lads who have reffed non league and they give as good as they get from players. If the option is booking every player who back chats or saying to someone ‘I might have missed that one but I’m still having a better game than you’ when they get a bit of stick I know what the players will prefer in the long run.

Most players actually take it as a bit of fun and it makes the refs human.

The ref was probably just having a bit of a laugh with the players.

No-one is allowed to have a laugh these days though - ever. So that's that.

With Moss it’s’ You’re too fat to wear that shirt’
Would a ref be happy if he’d recently been dropped from reffing Premier League games and a player reminded him of it?

A ref would take it on the chin, they get worse. There's a reason ex players dont become refs....they couldn't take it. Pampered

'Kin hell. The amount of times you've seen middle aged blokes carry on like toddlers on here because they've not gotten what they want off a referee. Yet, when players, who have actual interaction with referees, rightfully complain about their unprofessional conduct, they're the snowflakes? Ok boomer.

100% this. I know lads who have reffed non league and they give as good as they get from players. If the option is booking every player who back chats or saying to someone ‘I might have missed that one but I’m still having a better game than you’ when they get a bit of stick I know what the players will prefer in the long run.

Most players actually take it as a bit of fun and it makes the refs human.
Yellow card sin bins for back chatting to the referee is happening in Durham (and other?) Junior Leagues up to 17 years this season. And it's working as far as I can see. The problem will be, as always, the inconsistency of the referee.

Dissent has always been a yellow card offence.Rooney got away with it,including swearing at the ref,but rarely if ever got punished.Ref’s have themselves too blame if they don’t enforce the rules/laws.

Back