Nissan

i'm not really arsed tbh, my contract runs until the end of May, whatever happens happens, i have no control over any of this, i can't influence it, i can't really make alternative plans.

I've done my time worrying over decisions and choices i can't influence.
Wise words.

Most retail leisure and manufacturing companies will want to take advantage of the govt 80% offer , especially as nobody knows how long this may last , 2month? 6month? It’s the uncertainty that is a major problem for the economy.

Your wages are not allowed to change it’s contracted
If it’s under the Job Retention Scheme, you are only entitled to 80% of your wages. Employers have the option to top up the other 20% but aren’t obliged to.

At a minimum, employers must pay their employee the lower of 80% of their regular wage or £2,500 per month. An employer can also choose to top up an employee’s salary beyond this but is not obliged to under this scheme.

I thought Nissan were going to be making ventilators ? If they and other assembley line manufacturers can do so then the govt should force them , these are war like circumstances

I thought Nissan were going to be making ventilators ? If they and other assembley line manufacturers can do so then the govt should force them , these are war like circumstances
Propaganda Fletch, I’m not aware Nissan Sunderland was ever going to do this.
I’m assuming Nissan will want to turn the production taps back on ASAP, so unable to allocate space and commitment to another production process.

In an ideal world your totally correct.

Back