Nissan

I’m a little unsure on the battery plant I hear it’s flat out like, like I say I’m in press shop. Don’t use produce the batteries for the van the nv200?
Not sure mate. The place is running 24/7 and they have to ship modules in from the USA as they cant keep up with demand.

They wanted the plant in Wales mate. It was local labour politicans that got it built in Sunderland.
Well, I don' know then. Just got to hope things end well. Without Brexit there are still challenges in business, so hopefully they can ride the storm here.

Another polite request.

This is obviously a contentious subject and references to Brexit are unavoidable but surely this is too serious a subject to be derailed by petty comments, so can we please show a little civility towards each other.

Some bickering posts have either been edited or deleted and warnings issued.

Thank you.

I will say one more thing, as mentioned earlier does everyone know that the new massive manufacturing park currently under construction on follingsbay lane is going to bring a lot of the component suppliers even closer to reduce costs and create new jobs, as for nmuk being knocked off top spot, of course that is going to happen at some point. When the alliance is using benchmarking across all its plants of course as a plant retools and adapts those practices the table like footy is going to change. Its a natural progression, evolution. But it aint going to close a 3 billion plant because of it.

Whats happened with it mate.
I heard you were all getting a lump sum for some reason.
Nissan are selling it in March but keeping a 22% stake and all workers that started before August will get % of there annual wage in 2 payments. 1 payment as soon as the sale goes through and the remainder 18 months later.

You're exactly right. 10 years ago Sunderland was better in terms of processes and product flow.
Other plants have basically copied the standard and improved it with new technology.
this, as a long termer for a supplier we have targets which are set by nmuk, quality wise we are expected to keep below 7 defective parts per million each month, our own company have set target at zero parts per million, more often than not this is achieved, resulting in no disruption to
Nissan line, know of other firms who have used some of our methods then probably moved ahead of us.

Back