nintendo Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm stuck on the fence about this like. Don't know whether it's worth the £350+ or so just for Zelda and Mario Kart

Got Stardew Valley. Never played it and it's strangely addictive! Just lost my whole crop on the change of seasons. Gutted!

Managed to get through to fall, but things getting a bit repetitive. Mario will take most of my time, followed by a 9th run through of Skyrim next month!

haha yeah I'm trying to resist getting Skyrim for a 4th format but it's proving difficult :lol:

Mario is amazing, I've brought it to work...OBSESSED!!! Bit worried I'm nearly completed it, there is an endgame but I think I may have 90%'d most maps anyway.

Ah why, sacked off the PSVR idea and am getting a Switch for Christmas.

The bundle comes with Odyssey, BOTY, and MarioKart. Should keep me busy.

It just still doesn't have that killer game for me.

I love Skyrim, I don't want to buy £400 worth of kit to play a game I've bought three times already though.

I'll wait another year.
Yeah, to be fair I only paid £70 for mine after trading in my wii u with a load of games.

London Heist is great, but only an hour or so long, still the best experience I’ve had I think. That’s the thing though, most games for it are just short ‘experiences’. Suits me as I don’t really spend hours on the PlayStation anyway.

Yeah, to be fair I only paid £70 for mine after trading in my wii u with a load of games.

London Heist is great, but only an hour or so long, still the best experience I’ve had I think. That’s the thing though, most games for it are just short ‘experiences’. Suits me as I don’t really spend hours on the PlayStation anyway.

From my time with the Vive I'd say that's VR in general mate. Short bursts great but prolonged time is isolating and pretty disorienting.

For people who mostly play on PC I definitely think the Switch is the best console to have, most Xbox and PS4 games come out on PC anyway, will be gutted to miss out on The Last of Us part 2 mind.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 out tomorrow :cool:

Got one for me and the bairn for Xmas.
Got Mario and Just Dance and lending 1-2 Switch off a mate. I'll be getting Zelda and Mario Kart after Xmas.

A few questions.
1) Did they ever sort out the scratching problem with the dock? I remember it being an issue on launch.

2) Any good family games that make use of the controllers other than 1-2 Switch? I know it's not as controller focussed as the Wii but to have something Wii Sportsesque/casual so the bint can join in would be handy.

3) Any recommendations for a cheap carry case? Any other accessories worth getting? I've got screen protectors and a gel case/joypad covers.

4) Any must haves for a 7 year old other than Minecraft?

5) How likely is it to survive a small drop? I'm worried it's more like a phone than a DS and will be fucked when the bairn inevitably drops it.

Got one for me and the bairn for Xmas.
Got Mario and Just Dance and lending 1-2 Switch off a mate. I'll be getting Zelda and Mario Kart after Xmas.

A few questions.
1) Did they ever sort out the scratching problem with the dock? I remember it being an issue on launch.

2) Any good family games that make use of the controllers other than 1-2 Switch? I know it's not as controller focussed as the Wii but to have something Wii Sportsesque/casual so the bint can join in would be handy.

3) Any recommendations for a cheap carry case? Any other accessories worth getting? I've got screen protectors and a gel case/joypad covers.

4) Any must haves for a 7 year old other than Minecraft?

5) How likely is it to survive a small drop? I'm worried it's more like a phone than a DS and will be fucked when the bairn inevitably drops it.
1. dunno, mine isn't getting scratched off the dock but its docked 99% of its life
2. dunno
3. dunno
4. dunno
5. mine fell from the top of chest of drawers onto the floor, banged a radiator on the way down and got a small scratch to the bottom of the screen, but works completely fine still
6. get Zelda immediately

Reactions: moo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back