Nike pro sport deal

Worst owner in our history - and we've had some f***ing crackers:lol:

Yeah the kit thing is a bit boring tbh. I'd like better quality (no iron on badges) but Hummel make f***ing shite kits these days so I'm not interested in the nostalgia trip. And even the best clubs in world football get templates so I'm not remotely arsed about that either.

This is one thing that baffles me, people moan about the badges but pine for Hummel who are the kings of stick on badges.

Hummel, Kappa and Umbro design the best strips imo.
I'd rather they focused on getting things right on the pitch first. Who makes the kit is irrelevant at the moment

Can we not do both Stubbsy lad?
wearing shorts today. the mods know my name and email (i didnt register with a gmail or any other generic email account but a professional account of a global business i do a small bit of work for amd methven wouldnt be able to get such a domain simple)

donald is certainly the worst owner i can remember, albeit i only go back as far as murray.

Are they Oxford United shorts mate? ;)

Last edited:
KLDs dad died many years ago..and left when KLD was four years old...
and given his dad had to quit cos he bribed a bunch of folk..im not sure his name would be in popualr odoure now even if there are senior people left who worked with him all those years ago..
don't take this the wrong way cos I don't mean it as an insult but it always blows me away that you know every background detail about everything that crops up for discussion on here

don't take this the wrong way cos I don't mean it as an insult but it always blows me away that you know every background detail about everything that crops up for discussion on here
i know how to google...
Hummel, Kappa and Umbro design the best strips imo.

Can we not do both Stubbsy lad?

Are they Oxford United shorts mate? ;)
please-wearing football shorts during a non match day is rather infra dig!

Puma's strips are absolutely fuckin' lifting. Some of the efforts they've churned out for the scum are appalling.

P.S. I think whole Black Cats thing is a bit ridiculous anarl.

Aren't most strips nowadays made using transfers? It's hardly new.

Chris, a significant portion of our fan base absolutely cream themselves over a ship (representing an industry that died out before they were old enough to work) on a badge (that was binned before they were supporters of the club). Fawning over a f***ing cat is the next logical leap
i know how to google...

please-wearing football shorts during a non match day is rather infra dig!
Aye but how do you get from KLD renegotiating with Nike to talking about bribes at Adidas.

If you google Dreyfus / Adidas, all the links are about how he saved them from ruination. How do you find the bribes bit without already knowing to search for it?

Last edited:
Chris, a significant portion of our fan base absolutely cream themselves over a ship (representing an industry that died out before they were old enough to work) on a badge (that was binned before they were supporters of the club). Fawning over a f***ing cat is the next logical leap

Aye but how do you get from KLD renegotiating with Nike to talking about bribes at Adidas.

If you google Dreyfus / Adidas, all the links are about how he saved them from ruination. How do you find the bribes bit without already knowing to search for it?
the link is that people said KLD could find a way out..as if he has a special abilityto get something over on the big company than anyone else does?
its on his fathers wikipedia page.

KLDs dad died many years ago..and left when KLD was four years old...
and given his dad had to quit cos he bribed a bunch of folk..im not sure his name would be in popualr odoure now even if there are senior people left who worked with him all those years ago..
Strange how your criticising a billionaire on how he's done business yet your the parasite hanging on the coat tale on your wealthy but somewhat simple pal, while trying to make a profit by destroying something that means the world to everyone on here.
Do us all a favour and jog on your time here has passed

Wouldn’t mind having Umbro back, they’ve made some nice kits in the last few years.

I don’t mind Nike but as previously said the iron on badges are tacky. Already got a pair of Sunderland shorts with the badge hanging off.

I've found that with stick on badges and logos, washing things inside out helps in keeping them in place.
Strong words which I hope you have chosen carefully. how do you know this and what is it referring to? You always seem to denigrate this family at any opportunity

Clever words. You can't libel someone who's dead. He's also showing the huge gaps in his knowledge again. It was Bernard Tapis, who Louis-Dreyfus bought Marseille from, who was handing out the brown envelopes.

Last edited:
Strange how your criticising a billionaire on how he's done business yet your the parasite hanging on the coat tale on your wealthy but somewhat simple pal, while trying to make a profit by destroying something that means the world to everyone on here.
Do us all a favour and jog on your time here has passed
eh? im not methven....but methven, despite not been very successful has achieved far more in his life than KLD so far...though based on the evidence we have seen so far, KLD will surpass methven/donalds achievements at both safc, and in the far more significant things he does later in life.
I've found that with stick on badges and logos, washing things inside out helps in keeping them in place.

Clever words. You can't libel someone who's dead. He's also showing the huge gaps in his knowledge again. It was Bernard Tapis, who Louis-Dreyfus bought Marseille from, who was handing out the brown envelopes.

im not referring to the marseille bribery stuff...as you say that was not RLD..im refeferring to stuff that happened at Nike...the year prior to his leaving the company.

eh? im not methven....but methven, despite not been very successful has achieved far more in his life than KLD so far...though based on the evidence we have seen so far, KLD will surpass methven/donalds achievements at both safc, and in the far more significant things he does later in life.

im not referring to the marseille bribery stuff...as you say that was not RLD..im refeferring to stuff that happened at Nike...the year prior to his leaving the company.

Which, as you're well aware, were unproven allegations, and based on allegations in Der Spiegel, which is about as credible as the Sun. You're getting dangerously close to defaming the Louis-Dreyfus family, and, as has been pointed out, you can libel the dead in Swiss law.

I would say we are pretty much nailed in on to back to the dasslers once this deal runs it’s course.
personally dont mind adidas but the choice of training kit & design needs to be better and unique, none of this off the peg shit that 42 other clubs have.

Which, as you're well aware, were unproven allegations, and based on allegations in Der Spiegel, which is about as credible as the Sun. You're getting dangerously close to defaming the Louis-Dreyfus family, and, as has been pointed out, you can libel the dead in Swiss law.
the accusations are already in the public domain...in fact are so widey available to be read in an unresrricted way the accusations are in fact bow repeatable wwithout being libellous..

the family would have a hard job proving the accusations have hurt the living as they literally have commercial deals with sporting organisations and manufacturers of apparell in place.

the accusations are already in the public domain...in fact are so widey available to be read in an unresrricted way the accusations are in fact bow repeatable wwithout being libellous..

the family would have a hard job proving the accusations have hurt the living as they literally have commercial deals with sporting organisations and manufacturers of apparell in place.

But you didn't say the were allegations. You stated them as fact.

I've read up on RLD and Adidas. He is credited with saving Adidas. The bribe stuff was never proven. He set up a fund that was alleged to bribe FIFA officials for votes for the 2006 World Cup.

I also noticed that RLD was behind the relaunch of Le Coq Sportif in 2005.

Back