Night Sweats

Anyone else get these? I had a period about year or so ago when I got them for a few nights, but the past three weeks or so I'm waking up every night f***ing drenched. First day back in the office today and it's got me knackered due to waking up about 4 times last night soaked. I haven't pissed the bed before anyone says it. Sick of having to change the bedding every couple of days.
A mate of mine had this.
As well as night sweats he said that it had a vague whiff of vinegar as well.
He decided it was stress related as he was going through a tough time at work and at home.

He went to the doctors and after a quick chat he was told that it looked like liver problems.
After going through his diet and drinking the doc said that he should cut out drink completely for a while and look to shift some weight with exercise and eating better.
He should also drink only water or milk and cut out caffeine for a while as well.

He said that all symptoms had gone in just a few days, so it was just his liver complaining he was overdoing it.

Hopefully it something a simple for you.

Not looking to scare monger and say this to keep this issue high in people's minds, but .....night sweats can be a symptom of Prostate issues.

🤞 It's nothing like that.

I've had regular night sweats for 30 years. It's much more common during the colder months as I tend to wrap myself up in the duvet. Night sweats in winter, day sweats in summer. Metabolism and hyper-active sweat glands seem to be a natural issue for me as I'm in reasonable shape.

I've had regular night sweats for 30 years. It's much more common during the colder months as I tend to wrap myself up in the duvet. Night sweats in winter, day sweats in summer. Metabolism and hyper-active sweat glands seem to be a natural issue for me as I'm in reasonable shape.

Aye our lass said I wrap myself up like a parcel mind, obviously don't realise I'm doing it at the time.

Aye our lass said I wrap myself up like a parcel mind, obviously don't realise I'm doing it at the time.
Get into bed, cover yourself in a snuggly duvet, wrap it around you tightly as you fall asleep, body heats up, the body cannot breathe due to being wrapped up = sweat profusely, wet duvet, disturbed sleep.
Other issues such as medical issues, alcohol, illness, stress, temperature, etc can play a part obviously.

I've always had sweaty legs when sleeping since childhood. Best thing I've found is loose cotton pjyama bottoms and generic t shirt. I usually only sleep under a sheet and not a duvet.

Mother-in-law bought us a load of brushed cotton bedsheets and duvet covers just before Xmas, had awful sleep waking up sweating since, read they retain heat more that regular cotton sheets or something like that, them teddy fleece bedding sets are horrific also imo for sweating.

I've always had sweaty legs when sleeping since childhood. Best thing I've found is loose cotton pjyama bottoms and generic t shirt. I usually only sleep under a sheet and not a duvet.

This is correct. PJs are to keep you cool (as well as warm).

Only time I have night sweats is if I've been on a massive bender. I've always assumed it's the body's way of getting rid of the alcohol.

Although apparently you can get them if youve been drinking too much then go cold turkey. f***ing astonishing I haven't had them after Christmas/NY.

Anyone else get these? I had a period about year or so ago when I got them for a few nights, but the past three weeks or so I'm waking up every night f***ing drenched. First day back in the office today and it's got me knackered due to waking up about 4 times last night soaked. I haven't pissed the bed before anyone says it. Sick of having to change the bedding every couple of days.
Same here. Weird weather the last few nights. I've woken up 3 nights in a row drenched. Never usually happens.

This sounds crackers but I wear pyjamas because I sweat at night. I like the bedroom cold where as I’m the only one that does so to help not get woken up by the sweat , I wear pyjamas to soak it up.
I used to wear a bottle green uniform for work and even in the summer I would wear a t shirt so I didn’t have sweaty marks during working jobs on the coast path and RTCs and the likes. The t shirts soak it up and you still look half decent and not the sweaty fat bloke I am.

I've got a pack of skittles for me 2am zies

This sounds crackers but I wear pyjamas because I sweat at night. I like the bedroom cold where as I’m the only one that does so to help not get woken up by the sweat , I wear pyjamas to soak it up.
I used to wear a bottle green uniform for work and even in the summer I would wear a t shirt so I didn’t have sweaty marks during working jobs on the coast path and RTCs and the likes. The t shirts soak it up and you still look half decent and not the sweaty fat bloke I am.

Got a pair on tonight for the first time since I was a bairn :lol: , willing to try anything at this point.

Back