Night Sweats

Reptilia

Striker
Anyone else get these? I had a period about year or so ago when I got them for a few nights, but the past three weeks or so I'm waking up every night f***ing drenched. First day back in the office today and it's got me knackered due to waking up about 4 times last night soaked. I haven't pissed the bed before anyone says it. Sick of having to change the bedding every couple of days.

Yes, I get them.

Do you have a thicker duvet during the winter?

Your body heats up during the night and the weight brings them on for me.

Yes, I get them.

Do you have a thicker duvet during the winter?

Your body heats up during the night and the weight brings them on for me.

Our lass did buy a new duvet actually aye, it's not that much thicker than our old one though. Have a fan on constantly during the night as well.

Anyone else get these? I had a period about year or so ago when I got them for a few nights, but the past three weeks or so I'm waking up every night f***ing drenched. First day back in the office today and it's got me knackered due to waking up about 4 times last night soaked. I haven't pissed the bed before anyone says it. Sick of having to change the bedding every couple of days.

Only when I had covid

Remember getting them in my early 20's. Was awful. First time it happened I actually thought I'd wet the bed. Was really annoying.

I sleep on top of the duvet most the night because I feel like I have an internal radiator during the night. Try a lower tog duvet.

Night sweats in men can have many causes, including stress and anxiety, alcohol and tobacco use, caffeine, medications, hormone levels, and health conditions

Any triggers in this list?
Always put mine down to just my body changing. Thankfully its never happened again.

It’s probably the start of the menopause.

No idea if you are, but if you're 40 or over (or if anyone reading this is), go get a health check done! Most pharmacies do them for free and it can literally be a life saver!

NHS Health Check

Not quite there yet (35 in a couple of weeks.) Think i'm going to put the duvet from the spare bed on tonight to see if that makes a difference. Be nout the matter if we have to get rid of the new one.

What do you wear in bed? I find I wake up soaked, particularly on my legs, if I don't wear pj's. My body mustn't be warm enough.

Every night this week for me but I’m off the booze after a heavy Xmas period so I’m putting it down to sweating the badness out.

If it doesn’t stop soon, after reading some of these posts, I’ll take it more seriously and seek further info as to why.

Back