Nicknames at work

Worked with a labourer whose nickname was Hollywood. As he was always clean n looked good.
Also Goulash as some said he was thicker than a pan of broth.

When I was young I worked and was mates with a lad who was called Gary and was the best player on the works football team. Unsurprisingly he was known as "Gazza".

Unfortunately for me being a skinny rake of a lad and utter chod as a player I was swiftly nicknamed "No Bellies" as the work Gazza's talentless mate! :)

The blokes where I worked called another fella Shipman because he had 2 wives who both died (and his actual name ended in 'man').

The same blokes gave me the nickname 'Baywatch' allegedly because my surname's Knight and there was a series called Baywatch Nights.

Bloke used to go in our local walked with long but precise strides. He was a roof insulation fitter for years and reckoned his walk was a result of striding across ceiling joists at 2’ centre’s to avoid falling through the ceiling.

He was known as Two Foot Tony .

Patricia
Was because one of my first days customer left us a review after the call saying
"Patricia was a friendly young woman who help me renew my bike insurance"

I didn't know to be annoyed she'd misheard my name so much it sounded like Patricia
Or she thought I sounded like a woman :lol:

Back