Nick Barnes reckon we have no scouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

We've been using freelance scouts who take a commission based on if we sign their recommendations, not exactly "no scouts" and you can see why it's been cut as we were skint.

On the other hand it's easy to see why it was hard if we just used subcontractors instead of having some regular staff.
I've given you a like because you came up with the correct answer but nobody wants to believe you. They'd rather just be annoyed at the club.

I've been saying this for months. Coton has been poor, but he can't be expected to watch 100s of games himself. It's resulted in falling into exactly the same traps as we have in the past.

I know it won’t be popular on here but I think the reason they haven’t bothered with scouts is they were banking on us going up last year and flipping the club for a profit for themselves and f***ing off into the sunset.

Cotons scouting seemed limited to the North West where he lives
Aye. This is why the data side of things is so very important. It allows you to use your precious resources in a targeted fashion - only watching real prospects. Sadly our owner and football operations are both as thick as fuck. If only it was just going to cost him. The amateur hour act at Safc will cost us all.

Any wonder Ross failed

Recruiting could have been better.

But that said, the players we have are more than good enough to get us up and out of this shite league imo.

Ross employed poor tactics and did not get the best out of the players.

That was the primary problem.

Aye. This is why the data side of things is so very important. It allows you to use your precious resources in a targeted fashion - only watching real prospects. Sadly our owner and football operations are both as thick as fuck. If only it was just going to cost him. The amateur hour act at Safc will cost us all.
You could do it for nothing, if you're a success they might give you a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back