Nick Barnes reckon we have no scouts

@rubberface posted about this. They’ve completely stripped back last year but now they’re giving Coton 500k to set something up and to bring scouts in

We've been using freelance scouts who take a commission based on if we sign their recommendations, not exactly "no scouts" and you can see why it's been cut as we were skint.

On the other hand it's easy to see why it was hard if we just used subcontractors instead of having some regular staff.

Scouts cost money.
We’ve little money to spend on transfers or wages.
This means we’re in the market for bosmans.
No point in scouting players who aren’t Bosmans.
Every club knows who’s contracts are up next summer.
Agents are ringing safc up about their bosmans clients.
We pick from who’s available.
We don’t truly know who’s available until June 30th.
Bosmania ensues.

No need for scouts atm.
Scouting bairn s is a different matter altogether though. With two ex safc aol graduates in the England team regularly we should be making hay amongst the Up n coming NE Nairn’s. As fuckin if.

Last edited:
We've been using freelance scouts who take a commission based on if we sign their recommendations, not exactly "no scouts" and you can see why it's been cut as we were skint.

On the other hand it's easy to see why it was hard if we just used subcontractors instead of having some regular staff.
There are some things you cut back on. Good scouting isn't one of them.

This was mentioned last year by Gordon Armstrong and donald denied it. Who's fibbing here then?
I'd firmly believe nick barnes. Doesn't strike me as someone who would make things up.

How can a club of our size justify not having scouts? No wonder recruitment has been so poor. And I've been critical of coton. What chance has he had without having any scouts?!

Back