Nick Barnes on totalsport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Never heard the show but the crack on twitter from people who listened is we rebuffed the Saudi consortium as Campbell is their preferred bidder due to the fact he would allow Donald to stay on board. If true, and obviously I've no idea, then Donald is an absolute disgrace and only thinking of himself.

The preferred bidder will be anyone willing to keep Donald as minority shareholder so he can get more money back if we go up.

Donald said previously he wanted to stay on to run the club. Sounded like he wanted a job for life at one point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Campbell said something similar, didn't he?

I'm not sure what his strategy is if the club would be bankrupt within a year, seems a really odd statement to make?
Probably in regards to the academy, scouting and recruitment. I'd imagine someone like Jon Park would have looked at it and told them what was needed.

Disgraceful

Always been the case. Donald said in his first season here that he wanted to be here years and wanted a deal where the party let him stay on and run the club. Embarrassing the way people piped him off as a saviour when he joined.

Very interesting on BBC Total Sport this evening...

Nick Barnes has said that ‘The Campbell’ deal fell through, as after Due diligence, if he purchased the club, they’d be bankrupt within a year....

He also said that a Saudi consortium were interested in April to buy the club, Neil fox (SAFC club director and SD’s mate from Eastleigh) said the club had a preferred consortium they wanted to sell too and rebuffed the bid/deal...

what a load of bollocks from nick Barnes!

Never heard the show but the crack on twitter from people who listened is we rebuffed the Saudi consortium as Campbell is their preferred bidder due to the fact he would allow Donald to stay on board. If true, and obviously I've no idea, then Donald is an absolute disgrace and only thinking of himself.
So Donald will do what's best for the club? Rubbish. He'll do what's best for him. I honestly can't believe people are still defending him.

f***ing hell. I hope the prick is never seen in Sunderland again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back