Nick Barnes on totalsport

Aye but knowing our luck the main backers of the Saudi consortium will be the Binladen Group (you know Osamas super rich family business).
The Mags get Mohammed Bone Saw (next King of Saudi Arabia) and we get the worlds most notorious terrorists kin as owners.
We wouldn’t even get to have the moral high ground.
The end of Stew’s pisstaking party. Plenty of his Eastleigh marras would get the chop (pun intended) and Charlie would be shown the door.

Morals shmorals, at least the BL family fortune would be put to good use this time

Those who didn't renew gave Donald a right kick in the Balls by keeping money away from him..That is one course of action that speaks louder than any words.
It's the only way to signal to SD enough is enough.
People have different principles and believe they need to back the club in a time of need, I get that and it's up to them.
My stance now is fuck it, I see no future and objectives at this club anymore.
I'm not renewing until there gone now, it's my own personal stance, however " better the devil you know" is a huge worry also.

It's the only way to signal to SD enough is enough.
People have different principles and believe they need to back the club in a time of need, I get that and it's up to them.
My stance now is fuck it, I see no future and objectives at this club anymore.
I'm not renewing until there gone now, it's my own personal stance, however " better the devil you know" is a huge worry also.
I agree 100%.. I respect everyone who has made the choice to cancel as i and my family did just as much as those who chose to renew. I don't understand why they did it but i do respect them for sticking to what they believe is right. It is not about the money why we cancelled, far from it, it is the way in which my Club carried it out. Sorry, not the club, the individuals who gave the instructions to issue crazy statements ,back tracked, and then back tracked again.. If there is one reason why we did cancel (season ticket holder for 55 years) it was the rank incompetence of the owners and management, the worst I've ever seen at the club.. I hope people who did renew respect my view on why we cancelled.

I agree 100%.. I respect everyone who has made the choice to cancel as i and my family did just as much as those who chose to renew. I don't understand why they did it but i do respect them for sticking to what they believe is right. It is not about the money why we cancelled, far from it, it is the way in which my Club carried it out. Sorry, not the club, the individuals who gave the instructions to issue crazy statements ,back tracked, and then back tracked again.. If there is one reason why we did cancel (season ticket holder for 55 years) it was the rank incompetence of the owners and management, the worst I've ever seen at the club.. I hope people who did renew respect my view on why we cancelled.
When the likes of you have been brought to this ,and I know it will kill you not to go it shows what a mess we are , much worse than anything that has gone previously

Last edited:
So, this Campbell fella, if he'd bought us last year, would have bankrupted us by now?

...and now he's back wanting to buy the club again?

No, no red flags there at all.
He said this himself, the implications being after doing due diligence he felt the club with be bankrupt within a year, I've no idea how that would be the case with his apparent wealth of backers so it's all a bit confusing at the minute.

He said this himself, the implications being after doing due diligence he felt the club with be bankrupt within a year, I've no idea how that would be the case with his apparent wealth of backers so it's all a bit confusing at the minute.
Well the wealthy backers can bail the club out if they wish as has happened to us for years, if they can't/won't prop the club up it would be bankrupt, maybe that's what it meant.

We delayed renewing 2 tickets, as the offer was for complimentary streaming of closed door matches. Why do we need 2 in the same household AND its cheaper to buy individual match streams. We also were not going to ask for the refund for the 19/20 lost games, already paid the money so dont need it. However if the accounts are released before the deadline and it can be proved that Madrox have ran away with £10 mill plus I will probably change my mind.

Fully intend to renew when (if) they resolve the crowd issue

We delayed renewing 2 tickets, as the offer was for complimentary streaming of closed door matches. Why do we need 2 in the same household AND its cheaper to buy individual match streams. We also were not going to ask for the refund for the 19/20 lost games, already paid the money so dont need it. However if the accounts are released before the deadline and it can be proved that Madrox have ran away with £10 mill plus I will probably change my mind.

Fully intend to renew when (if) they resolve the crowd issue
i do too mate but with reservations on these owners.. I was happy to let the club have the remaining games as a goodwill gesture. That goodwill went out of the window with what I still believe was down to one man. Rodwell. Unless the owners show the minutes of the meeting ( we know they will not) where it was agreed by them all, Rodwell is the one, I sincerely believe, took it on his own back to issue the statement. After all he is the man put in charge by these owners.

The trouble is the last time they did that they got all sorts of grief from other fans saying they weren’t speaking on behalf of me etc etc.
Dammed if they act, dammed if they don’t.
Yep, point taken. I think that’s it got to the point that the majority of fans can see that under Donald’s leadership and comparative lack of financial clout we’re going nowhere. Even if we are promoted, only a complete overhaul involving many millions of £ would prevent us coming back down - look what’s happened to Barnsley, Luton and Charlton.
It’s also seemingly increasingly evident that whereas Donald no longer revels in the front of house style leadership, he is very reluctant to cut all ties with the club leaving SAFC in an increasingly precarious position as assets are stripped to fund the running of a club he himself can’t maintain.
For the good of the club, it needs to be a 100% break but the sale must be to someone who has the financial clout to propel us to at least be challenging for promotion from the championship alongside footballing behemoths such as Brentford, Fulham, Cardiff et al. Not to some charlatan who can’t afford to buy Falkirk.

Back