NHS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get sick.

That's actually very good advice Ted.

People really need to accept more responsibility for their health and stop relying on the NHS to deal with the consequences of a lifetime of gluttony, laziness and ignorance.

First thing will be us all getting charged to see your gp.

But at least he will be there at 3am on a Sunday

That's actually very good advice Ted.

People really need to accept more responsibility for their health and stop relying on the NHS to deal with the consequences of a lifetime of gluttony, laziness and ignorance.

Can't tell if you're taking the piss or if you're a complete dick head.

Can't tell if you're taking the piss or if you're a complete dick head.

Why would suggesting people stop over-eating crap, smoking, drinking excessively, never doing any form of exercise and totally abrogating any responsibility for their own health make someone a dick head?

Why would suggesting people stop over-eating crap, smoking, drinking excessively, never doing any form of exercise and totally abrogating any responsibility for their own health make someone a dick head?

You use that to justify making everyone else pay for their own health care? The needs of a few lazy bastard ruin the needs for normal people who will get sick outside of things like that.

People are even more fucked when they get things like cancer too, nothing they can do to avoid it But if they want to figet it they best have money.

People who don't drink alcohol may as well not be alive.

We all drink alcohol......every level of society does it. It's when people drink to levels which affects their lives, their families lives and society as a whole that's the problem.

You use that to justify making everyone else pay for their own health care? The needs of a few lazy bastard ruin the needs for normal people who will get sick outside of things like that.

People are even more fucked when they get things like cancer too, nothing they can do to avoid it But if they want to figet it they best have money.

Where have I suggested on any thread that people should have to pay for their health care. What I'm suggesting is a pro-active approach where people are made to face up to the damage they are causing their own bodies with destructive behaviour. Not for one minute am I suggesting we stop treating people or blaming people who are unlucky enough to fall ill through a huge range of illnesses they may be genetically predisposed to.

As I say, I work in the NHS and the level of self-inflicted illness prevalent at the moment is truly staggering and it will be this and not some imaginary Tory cuts that does for the NHS over time.

Last edited:
We all drink alcohol......every level of society does it. It's when people drink to levels which affects their lives, their families lives and society as a whole that's the problem.

Where have I suggested on any thread that people should have to pay for their health care. What I'm suggesting is a pro-active approach where people are made to face up to the damage they are causing their own bodies with destructive behaviour. Not for one minute am I suggesting we stop treating people or blaming people who are unlucky enough to fall ill through a huge range of illnesses they may be genetically predisposed to.

As I say, I work in the NHS and the level of self-inflicted illness prevalent at the moment is truly staggering and it will be this and not some imaginary Tory cuts that does for the NHS over time.

The thing is that's not how it's going to work, they would much rather make everyone pay than target the fat twats and the alchys. If they did do it that way it wouldn't be as bad but it simply will not be like that.

not just the NHS that's shafted. Educations privatisation will be completed next and trade union laws decimated.

Sad day for anyone who gives a fuck about other people rather than just themselves

The thing is that's not how it's going to work, they would much rather make everyone pay than target the fat twats and the alchys. If they did do it that way it wouldn't be as bad but it simply will not be like that.

It's not just a few though mate. In fact I'd go as far as to say that "the few" are those unfortunate enough to be struck down by a genetic predisposition to some disease or illness. The vast majority of people being treated in the NHS (in my opinion after 25+ years of service) are being treated for poor lifestyle choices. By 2030 it is expected that 75% of men and 66% of women will be obese in this country if current trends continue. I see the consequences on a daily basis mate and the best thing the NHS and GP's can do is stop handing out pills and start handing out gym memberships and bicycles. People are literally eating, drinking and smoking themselves into ill health and an early grave.

Labour made mistakes with the NHS but the Tories undid any of the improvements remarkably quickly.

It going to get fu(ked.

You will miss it when it's gone.

:lol:.....why would an elected government get rid of the most efficient health service in the world. It's pure and simple scaremongering.

Good post that. An awful lot of type 2 diabetics in our practice don't bother with blood tests, eye checks etc

Ideology mate

They may make adjustments and there may be more involvement by the private sector but that doesn't mean things will be worse. My father was treated for a hernia a few years ago and ended up in a privately run NHS funded unit over at the Cobalt unit. I took him there and was astonished at the level of efficiency compared to my own NHS unit. He had his op, it went very well and he was very complimentary about the whole procedure. If that option hadn't been there he may have had to wait a fair bit longer for a painful and debilitating condition.

Good post that. An awful lot of type 2 diabetics in our practice don't bother with blood tests, eye checks etc

They know they can continue with their poor lifestyle choices and they also know that the rest of society will pick up the tab. People need to be "shocked" into making better choices otherwise the whole system will collapse under the demands placed on it.

They know they can continue with their poor lifestyle choices and they also know that the rest of society will pick up the tab. People need to be "shocked" into making better choices otherwise the whole system will collapse under the demands placed on it.

You come across as a real self righteous twat, preaching to all and sundry. When every MP, Doctor, Nurse etc are the ideal weight and live a perfect lifestyle then people might listen. While the likes of Eric Pickles preach about lifestyle, after no doubt drinking at the subsidised bar in Westminster, your argument is meaningless. Also the definition of self inflicted is very broad. For example should people injured in car accidents through their own poor driving get treatment as it is self inflicted? Where does that kind of shit end! We should all stay at home, eat lettuce, drink water and hope Lord Alfred deems us worthy of treatment if we fall ill. What a shed load of bollocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back