NHS

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've heard nothing from Labour that instils any confidence that they would be any improvement anyway. While the health and social care act is an abomination what we don't need is yet another costly top down reorganisation which is what they were suggesting. Their pledge of being able to access a GP within 48 hours is simply not possible within the lifetime of the next parliament given the constraints of GP training times and with no ideas as to how and address the current rates of GP attrition. Their suggested policy of a 1 week turnaround from referral to diagnosis of cancer is a complete farce of a policy to those of us who work in cancer care and would require substantially more than £2.5 billion (again this would not be possible within the length of the next parliament given the constrains of training in clinical radiology). All policies which are clearly designed to grab headlines but are formulated with no input from anyone with a clinical background. I'm not saying the coalition/Tory's are any better but suggesting that Labour would save the NHS is misguided.

if only there was some kind of political party that could protect the wealth of the rich while ostracising the poorest segments of society, if i had moey i would vote for those chaps

I don't have money, I voted Tory, I've lived all over the UK over the years including Sunderland. To me the Tories are the best party to govern the country on balance. Plus the lad who represents them where I am currently works hard for the area. It's a win win for me when it comes to voting. On the flip side if Labour got in I wouldn't cry my eyes out.

No politician is ever going to sort my life out for me one way or the other.

the tories should create a cure for that

They are, along with labour. They cure it by trying to remove words such as sick and disability from existance.
Sickness benefit (incapacity benefit) becomes "employment and support allowance".
Disable living allowance becomes "personal independence payment"
Sick notes are now "fit notes"

if only there was some kind of political party that could protect the wealth of the rich while ostracising the poorest segments of society, if i had money i would vote for those chaps, exploiting tax breaks for pals of the PM

Just place a random X on any party on the ballot paper, they all fit the above really.

Yup and when the public servies go back to the dark ages hope the Public are happy.
They won't be happy by a long shot and mental health services will be gone . We're already unable to handle the levels of referral coming in , caseloads are unsustainable , waiting times are ridiculous and getting worse, experienced staff are packing in and being replaced by low paid , low qualification. functionaries.
The mental health of the countries vulnerable is going to go to shit totally and there will be no one to manage it but the criminal justice system and charities.

Too late I think pal.That was auctioned off years ago.We`re only just finding out now

:lol::lol:

No we are f***ing not, the Tories have been doing it openly for the last 5 years, with the Lib Dems passing everything through

People just clearly don't give a shit about it.

People like you who vote Tory, so don't pretend its a big surprise, we have known for years what they are doing.

I've heard nothing from Labour that instils any confidence that they would be any improvement anyway. While the health and social care act is an abomination what we don't need is yet another costly top down reorganisation which is what they were suggesting. Their pledge of being able to access a GP within 48 hours is simply not possible within the lifetime of the next parliament given the constraints of GP training times and with no ideas as to how and address the current rates of GP attrition. Their suggested policy of a 1 week turnaround from referral to diagnosis of cancer is a complete farce of a policy to those of us who work in cancer care and would require substantially more than £2.5 billion (again this would not be possible within the length of the next parliament given the constrains of training in clinical radiology). All policies which are clearly designed to grab headlines but are formulated with no input from anyone with a clinical background. I'm not saying the coalition/Tory's are any better but suggesting that Labour would save the NHS is misguided.
Excellent post. For my money, the best thing that can be done to "save the NHS" is to focus on preventative care. Wouldn't it be great to remove the load of obesity and related disease, diabetes and related disease, smoking related diseases, crap nutrition and related disease etc.

Some party needs to stick it's neck out on this.

Labour have campaigned on a '48 hours to save the NHS' ticket in every election since 1948.

The Conservatives have been in power for more than 40 years since that time.

If their evil masterclass is to destroy the NHS they're certainly taking their time about it.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/thread...r-than-expected.1073981/page-30#ixzz3ZVFTVCHd

No they aren't, its nearly at f***ing breaking point because of them.

It won't be long till its sold off, mark my words.

No they aren't, its nearly at f***ing breaking point because of them.

It won't be long till its sold off, mark my words.
Wont be sold off most of it will just be destroyed by unrealistic tendering that can't meet the outcomes they promise to get the contracts. The services that this replaced will then just be gone with no effective budget to replace because everything will be forecast on what the looters said they could do it for. Cue new start ups at a high cost in private health care.

Wont be sold off most of it will just be destroyed by unrealistic tendering that can't meet the outcomes they promise to get the contracts. The services that this replaced will then just be gone with no effective budget to replace because everything will be forecast on what the looters said they could do it for. Cue new start ups at a high cost in private health care.

Effectively the same thing mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back