NHS Volunteers

Status
Not open for further replies.
*PUTS ON CYNCIAL HAT*
who will organise them though? - a large amount of the 400k will need spoon feeding *and I expect will be in it just so they can say the volunteered) and I can imagine a spike in moanong about unstructured NHS practices etc soon on Social Media
They definitely need it organised properly. Hope structures are in place.

They may have some general roles in mind, but what they don't have is an idea of how many people they need in which role in which local area

Nor do they have a way of matching the people that they have against the roles and areas.

PS

The lady in charge is very clear that she wants a DBE at the end of this. She isn't the only one who sees this as the chance of a gong.
And you know this how?

are people doing it to get out the house with a shiny pass? 😉

f***ing DBS check expired yesterday.. I was on the auto update service but my card details changed mid year so it didn't go through.

£13 for a renewal but since one day expired now has to go through whole process and £60.

I did get an email about payment failing and I did try and update it but it was. Afaff and I thought I'll do it later on laptop..

Ah well .. tried unsuccessfully to phone DBS service.. no one available.
I try later
Mine ran out last week, was an enhanced check too 😔
I dont need one now so havent renewed. Typical.
I've stuck in my licence info so hopefully it wont take long. Although it does say up to 72hrs for checks

Just the sort of boost we needed after a big chunk of the population have been acting like bellends. Agree that the logistics of mobilising a large amount of people will be difficult.

This goes to show how many people value the NHS and the service they provide. Well done to everyone who’s signed up.

I work in Recruitment for an NHS Trust but I don't see how they are going to get these volunteers through the standard pre employment checks that volunteers usually go through without getting shot of some serious amounts of red tape.
This goes to show how many people value the NHS and the service they provide. Well done to everyone who’s signed up.

Shame most people sat on their hands for the past 30 odd years whilst successive Governments have dismantled the service. Better late than never I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back