NHS Volunteers

Great response - still waiting to find out if I’ll be shifted to more front line service with the Civil Service. Enquiries being made within my directorate whether paid leave could be allowed for people to volunteer for the NHS as well.

f***ing DBS check expired yesterday.. I was on the auto update service but my card details changed mid year so it didn't go through.

£13 for a renewal but since one day expired now has to go through whole process and £60.

I did get an email about payment failing and I did try and update it but it was. Afaff and I thought I'll do it later on laptop..

Ah well .. tried unsuccessfully to phone DBS service.. no one available.
I try later

I slate the British public a lot, I’m often embarrassed by the behaviour and attitude of my fellow countrymen, this last couple of weeks being a case and point but I should take a step back sometimes and remember that despite what is probably a minority of cretins we have some wonderful and truly exceptional people amongst our ranks.

Coronavirus: Thousands volunteer to help NHS with vulnerable Thousands sign up to help NHS with vulnerable

I slate the British public a lot, I’m often embarrassed by the behaviour and attitude of my fellow countrymen, this last couple of weeks being a case and point but I should take a step back sometimes and remember that despite what is probably a minority of cretins we have some wonderful and truly exceptional people amongst our ranks.

Coronavirus: Thousands volunteer to help NHS with vulnerable Thousands sign up to help NHS with vulnerable
Good > Bad.

I said this the other day elsewhere. While we witnessed shed loads of folk heading to the beaches at the weekend in the grand scheme their wasn't that many. They were coming from all over to Seaton Carew where I live and you had 300 or whatever it was. Even if it was a thousand when you have folk from the collierys, Stockton, Billingham and other places coming 500+ isn't that many. You've got thousands upon thousands doing as is asked and they gets forgotten in all the furore over those few who do turn up.
I think the whole Brexit situation has put far more people on edge with each other as well which unfortunately whichever side you are on has skewed their views of people around them.

Last edited:
I'm sorting out my DBS as it needs renewing and then I'll add my name

Every new employer is supposed to run their own anyway. Think the government even said they’re getting them rushed through as priority.
In times of crisis, Brits come together! The NHS England medical director confirms an amazing 170,000 volunteers signed up overnight to help the NHS on the front line in the fight against COVID-19. What a fantastic response!

Will the government use them towards the 50,000 nurses figure?!

Last edited:
Every new employer is supposed to run their own anyway. Think the government even said they’re getting them rushed through as priority.

Will the government use them towards the 50,000 nurses figure?!

No need for the last bit fella.

Let's get this f***ing thing knocked on the head first and then we can all go back to being petty.

I said to Mrs P last night that this would be over subscribed because it's exactly what this country is good at.

No need for the last bit fella.

Let's get this f***ing thing knocked on the head first and then we can all go back to being petty.

I said to Mrs P last night that this would be over subscribed because it's exactly what this country is good at.

It was a bit of harmless satire, an attempt to lighten the mood. Even the MP’s in the HoC today exchanged a lighthearted jibe and it was very warming to see IMO.

Another thing this country is good at - humour ;)

I'm still waiting for my employer to give me the go ahead to register - I'm supposed to be working from home but there's SFA to do so I might as well help the NHS.

Back