NFL 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought the Ravens would struggle against Henry - a running back I'd never heard of got more than 100 yards against them for the 49ers a few weeks back. I've also suspected that the defence as a whole mightn't be much better than average - they've got to spend a lot of time in games on the sidelines watching this offence eat up the clock this season. Having said that, the secondary is genuinely good though.

I thought the offence would still have enough to win it , even if Henry put up a ton of yards. They started really poorly, maybe a little bit rusty after the week off? Although this never seems to bother most number 1 seeds. When they did start to get some limited success it was partly through some deep throws to Hollywood Brown and Seth Roberts.

For some reason, this seems to have prompted Harbaugh and his staff to rip up the whole gameplan that got them 12 wins in a row and call plays for Jackson to throw towards the sidelines, which he will always be hit and miss at. I saw afterwards that Gus Edwards only had 3 carries, which is just ridiculous.

The Offensive line have known all year that they are an aggressive run team and get the mindset to block accordingly. Harbaugh took that away from them today and they got bullied for probably the first time all season - credit to the Titans I suppose. When the offense isn't running, then Jackson likes to pass to his tight ends, who were hardly ever in the game. On the rare occassion he did find them, a big drop from Andrews and two from Boyd didn't help him.

Jackson played poorly, but he needs more help from his coaching staff. The Titans completely outcoached them in this game. That's the 2nd time in a row the Ravens have crashed out in the playoffs playing a completely different brand to the type of football that got them there. There's a word for that: "choking".

That was really something from the Titans, fantastic watch.

Waltz into Baltimore and kick the shit out of them, proper bully job. Amazing.

Derrick Henry had the same number of TD passes as the league MVP. :lol:

I thought the Ravens would struggle against Henry - a running back I'd never heard of got more than 100 yards against them for the 49ers a few weeks back. I've also suspected that the defence as a whole mightn't be much better than average - they've got to spend a lot of time in games on the sidelines watching this offence eat up the clock this season. Having said that, the secondary is genuinely good though.

I thought the offence would still have enough to win it , even if Henry put up a ton of yards. They started really poorly, maybe a little bit rusty after the week off? Although this never seems to bother most number 1 seeds. When they did start to get some limited success it was partly through some deep throws to Hollywood Brown and Seth Roberts.

For some reason, this seems to have prompted Harbaugh and his staff to rip up the whole gameplan that got them 12 wins in a row and call plays for Jackson to throw towards the sidelines, which he will always be hit and miss at. I saw afterwards that Gus Edwards only had 3 carries, which is just ridiculous.

The Offensive line have known all year that they are an aggressive run team and get the mindset to block accordingly. Harbaugh took that away from them today and they got bullied for probably the first time all season - credit to the Titans I suppose. When the offense isn't running, then Jackson likes to pass to his tight ends, who were hardly ever in the game. On the rare occassion he did find them, a big drop from Andrews and two from Boyd didn't help him.

Jackson played poorly, but he needs more help from his coaching staff. The Titans completely outcoached them in this game. That's the 2nd time in a row the Ravens have crashed out in the playoffs playing a completely different brand to the type of football that got them there. There's a word for that: "choking".
Ravens in recent times seem to bottle it when it matters the most, AB outstretched arm TD on Christmas Day, Dalton 4 and 12 TD, Chargers last season and now the Titans. Agree like, Titans got into an early lead and the Ravens coaching staff didn't have a clue what to do and went against their original plan.

Also does Lamar Jackson always throw balls as wobbly as he did last night?

I feel a little like history is getting re-written here. They were beat by a good team with a superb gameplan, but saying they "bottled" or "choked" is the worst. Same with the (creeping) criticism of Lamar Jackson.

Last year's defeat against Chargers wasn't a 'bottle', the Chargers were a better team than them last year and were only Wild Cards because the Chiefs were in their division. Sometimes it happens.

In my opinion, Harbaugh is one of the top 4/5 coaches in the league (likes of him, Bellichek, Pederson, Carroll are the top tier for me), it just didn't go right for them today. They'll be back in and around next year I dare guess.

Obviously not. MVP.

I feel a little like history is getting re-written here. They were beat by a good team with a superb gameplan, but saying they "bottled" or "choked" is the worst. Same with the (creeping) criticism of Lamar Jackson.

Last year's defeat against Chargers wasn't a 'bottle', the Chargers were a better team than them last year and were only Wild Cards because the Chiefs were in their division. Sometimes it happens.

In my opinion, Harbaugh is one of the top 4/5 coaches in the league (likes of him, Bellichek, Pederson, Carroll are the top tier for me), it just didn't go right for them today. They'll be back in and around next year I dare guess.

If youre meaning @ChrisAshley ignore him he's just a bitter Steeler ;)

Last edited:
Obviously not. MVP.

If youre meaning @ChrisAshley ignore him he's just a bitter Steeler ;)
:lol: He'll not get very far in the play offs if he doesn't improve when his team are behind, for the record he's only 23 and I'm sure he will unfortunately.

Also a team being on a 12 game unbeaten run and a hugely favoured home team getting beat like that is a bit more than the other team having a good game plan...

Well, I'll be supporting the underdog away teams again tonight. You would feel that the Seahawks have the better chance of winning on the road, but after last night.......On any given Sunday.....anything can happen.

Hoping the we start against the Chiefs like we played against the Bills in the second half last week. Not sure I can take a repeat of that performance again.

A win sets it up nicely to settle the score against the Titans.

Ravens in recent times seem to bottle it when it matters the most, AB outstretched arm TD on Christmas Day, Dalton 4 and 12 TD, Chargers last season and now the Titans. Agree like, Titans got into an early lead and the Ravens coaching staff didn't have a clue what to do and went against their original plan.

He did last season - in the off season he said that this was something he was looking to improve, and I hadn't noticed it much until the Titans game.

Can't agree with this.

The Chargers had a good gameplan, but the Ravens had finished 6-1 for the regular season after putting in Jackson for Flacco, and they'd done it with a run game that was very hard to stop. They stopped running the ball v the Chargers, and Jackson had 1 interception, had fumbled 3 times, and the Ravens had 0 points at half time. Harbaugh had made great play of going for it on 4th down with his run offence - but then opted to kick a field goal from the 1 yard line on 4th down in the 3rd quarter. Why change the formula that got you there?

I also like Harbaugh - love what he's done with the team and Jackson, and I agree they'll be back again next year. But fans are very disappointed that they've been hammered by the 6th seed at home like that, after going 14-2 through the regular season. 'Better luck next year' doesn't cut it.

6 carries for Ingram and 3 for Gus Edwards, but 59 passes for Jackson? Why have they tried to be a completely different team when when they get to the big game? You can't throw your whole gameplan down the drain just because you're under pressure against a good side

Its not me you need to convince anyway, its the Ravens players, by the looks of things:

"I think you have to look at yourself in the mirror, and I think this team's identity right now is to get in the playoffs and choke," Humphrey said. "It is what it is. This is just the hard truth."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back