NFL 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah Darnold is the most interceptions in the league, think he's got 14, in 9 games. TBF 7 of them were in his last 3 matches, prior to that it was 7 in 6 - not great but relatively under control.

Darnold looks good, and he's incredibly poised and relaxed.

He needs to improve his decision making, which is understandable for a rookie and especially one as young as he is. That's the big knock on him, he makes poor decisions.

What I would say is that he has been let down unbelievably by the organisation. Our recievers are okay, as are our RBs. But our offensive line is poor, and for the last few weeks we're trotting out an injured centre who can't snap the ball straight.

Most importantly, our offensive game planning has been dreadful. An example (albeit not with Darnold, but same OC), against the Bills they had a UDFA cornerback starting at last minute. We didn't bother testing him early on at all, just let him be.

There's no smarts in our play, just a bunch of psuedio-intelligdnt play calling. The first play of the season, Darnold's pick-six, was a play we have repeatedly tried again and again and consistently failed and we still run it out there and lost yards on it. It's absolutely baffling.

We also never have receivers open, every throw has to be on the money for a completion, we don't scheme any easy completions to get his confidence going or him into a rhythm. Watched Mayfield's debut against us (and generally our defence is decent, Sunday aside) and we had open receiver after open receiver. Baker has bags of talent obviously, but it helps if you have your team pulling towards you.

We also haven't got a QB coach for him - our OC doubles up as QB coach, which is shameful when you're drafting a new 'face of the franchise'.

What I'm basically saying is - I think Darnold can be great, but good god we're not giving him anywhere close to the best chance to fulfil his potential. He actually seems to be regressing, and lost a bit of his original coolness.

The sooner we get a new coaching staff in the better, and probably a new GM too. The whole situation is a mess basically - we're four years into a rebuild and pretty much all we have to show for it is a young, raw QB and a charismatic box safety.

How's that for a rant :lol:

Interesting that you don't have a proper QB coach for him. Similar situation in Buffalo where we have a former WR coach as QB coach

They made Nick Mullens (I think that's his name) look like a hall of famer the other week. Genuinely think I could have thrown all over them.

I'm sure Eli will reclaim his rightful place atop the list by seasons end.

Was going to be benched if they'd lost to the 49ers. Can't see him finishing the season but then again he's playing the Bucs on Sunday so will look like a superstar.

Yeah Darnold is the most interceptions in the league, think he's got 14, in 9 games. TBF 7 of them were in his last 3 matches, prior to that it was 7 in 6 - not great but relatively under control.

Darnold looks good, and he's incredibly poised and relaxed.

He needs to improve his decision making, which is understandable for a rookie and especially one as young as he is. That's the big knock on him, he makes poor decisions.

What I would say is that he has been let down unbelievably by the organisation. Our recievers are okay, as are our RBs. But our offensive line is poor, and for the last few weeks we're trotting out an injured centre who can't snap the ball straight.

Most importantly, our offensive game planning has been dreadful. An example (albeit not with Darnold, but same OC), against the Bills they had a UDFA cornerback starting at last minute. We didn't bother testing him early on at all, just let him be.

There's no smarts in our play, just a bunch of psuedio-intelligdnt play calling. The first play of the season, Darnold's pick-six, was a play we have repeatedly tried again and again and consistently failed and we still run it out there and lost yards on it. It's absolutely baffling.

We also never have receivers open, every throw has to be on the money for a completion, we don't scheme any easy completions to get his confidence going or him into a rhythm. Watched Mayfield's debut against us (and generally our defence is decent, Sunday aside) and we had open receiver after open receiver. Baker has bags of talent obviously, but it helps if you have your team pulling towards you.

We also haven't got a QB coach for him - our OC doubles up as QB coach, which is shameful when you're drafting a new 'face of the franchise'.

What I'm basically saying is - I think Darnold can be great, but good god we're not giving him anywhere close to the best chance to fulfil his potential. He actually seems to be regressing, and lost a bit of his original coolness.

The sooner we get a new coaching staff in the better, and probably a new GM too. The whole situation is a mess basically - we're four years into a rebuild and pretty much all we have to show for it is a young, raw QB and a charismatic box safety.

How's that for a rant :lol:
yup. raw talent needs to be moulded.

It's a 2nd rounder in 2020, not next year.

Could have sworn it was 2019 but checked it and your right. Pissflaps.

Still with Gruden and his 10 year deal 2020 might be worth a similar pick.

Watched the Bears game on Sunday, looking good. First time I've seen Trubisky have a great game like that, if he can keep that up then I don't see many holes in that team. Unfortunately.

Should be a cracking game Sunday night too, just hope the Packers win tomorrow night so it's a case of closing the gap rather than opening it too far.

Yeah Trubisky did well on Sunday but he’ll have a tougher time of it on Sunday night.

Don’t think I could take another all or nothing Packers game mind. I’m still haunted by Chris Contes blown coverage in the last seconds of 2013 and Cutler on his exercise bike in 2010

Last edited:
Could have sworn it was 2019 but checked it and your right. Pissflaps.

Still with Gruden and his 10 year deal 2020 might be worth a similar pick.

Yeah Trubisky did well on Sunday but he’ll have a tougher time of it on Sunday night.

Don’t think I could take another all or nothing Packers game mind. I’m still haunted by Chris Contes blown coverage in the last seconds of 2013 and Cutler on his exercise bike in 2010

Two absolute class memories. Caleb Hanie to BJ Raji is one of the greatest TDs of all time.

But speaking of haunted, it's return to the house of horrors tonight.

It can't be as bad as either of these.

Two absolute class memories. Caleb Hanie to BJ Raji is one of the greatest TDs of all time.

I think that referee would have been the only person watching that who thought it was a touchdown.

Think the Seahawks will take it tonight aswell. Would be fitting for the McCarthy Era

How on earth that Wilson Hail Mary wasn’t ruled an interception I’ll never know but that 2014 championship game was an absolute classic.

Should be another close game tonight I reckon

Well it was a decent game and the defence managed to get the ball back to Rodgers, but a quick 3 and out and that's it. I reckon winning every game is the only way to a wild card now, division has probably gone.

Well it was a decent game and the defence managed to get the ball back to Rodgers, but a quick 3 and out and that's it. I reckon winning every game is the only way to a wild card now, division has probably gone.

Just been looking at your remaining games and after the Vikes next I can easily seeing you’s doing just that.

If the Vikes beat us on Sunday and you beat the Vikes the week after then the division is wide open. They still have the Pats to play too.

Just been looking at your remaining games and after the Vikes next I can easily seeing you’s doing just that.

If the Vikes beat us on Sunday and you beat the Vikes the week after then the division is wide open. They still have the Pats to play too.

Packers are 0-5 away from home, I can't see how we'll beat both the Vikings and Bears on the road personally.

Packers are 0-5 away from home, I can't see how we'll beat both the Vikings and Bears on the road personally.

What's your take on McCarthy mate, few saying he should go?

Also heard in a podcast this morning saying that, for all Rodgers is still a genius, he could sometimes do with just checking it down and managing the game a bit. Suppose you don't want to negate his natural instincts though, rather have the odd missed checking for the moments of genius he provides.

What's your take on McCarthy mate, few saying he should go?

Also heard in a podcast this morning saying that, for all Rodgers is still a genius, he could sometimes do with just checking it down and managing the game a bit. Suppose you don't want to negate his natural instincts though, rather have the odd missed checking for the moments of genius he provides.

I think he should go after this season, nothing to gain with a mid season change. His offence has blown hot and cold for a few years, probably since that NFCCG in Seattle in 2014.

Rodgers played well last night, but this season he's often not in sync with receivers, even Davante Adams who's been in GB for 5 years, he misses more easy completions than ever and isn't as athletic as he used to be so isn't able to evade sacks and hold the ball like before. Granted he's had a ligament tear to deal with like.

It's hard to say whether it's on McCarthy's playcalling or Rodgers changing the play at the line but the offence should be going through Aaron Jones running the ball, he's leading the league in yards per carry! Needs to see more of it.

You were close last night and nearly beat the Rams so it could easily have been 2-5. The Bears have an awful recent record against the Pack at Soldier Field and there was nothing between you and the Vikes earlier this season.

Still all to play for IMO. In fact this is how it will typically go down. Bears will beat the Vikes Sunday and get 3 games on the Pack. We will then lose to The Lions on thanksgiving day and get beat off the Rams in december. Pack will win out which sets up our game on the 16th December.....and Rodgers owns Soldier Field

Not a fan of the packers schedule personally. Also what's happened to Jimmy Graham this year? Rodgers seems to have little outside of Davante Adams

McCarthy doesn't like making it easy for Rodgers does he? 3rd and short better have him scrambling and throw 30+ yard pass but having said that Rodgers didn't cover himself in glory either I think he tries to do too much at times he needs to learn to check down once in a while.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back