NFL 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

they will wait til end of season, then send him packing. losing to the browns, getting pumped by the bills and a fourth choice qb. bowles needs to get the hell out. at least we look like first draft pick tho haha

Shame they're not playing the Raiders really. Could be a first pick off. You've already scuppered us by being so shite :lol:

How’s the new QB doing? I’ve not followed the NFL as closely this year.
Sam Darnold? I like him. He's not exactly working with a lot around him but he's played ok. didnt play vs bills due to injury but its bye week for us so should be back next week. this is my first year of following it properly so a bit more up to date on whats going on.

Sam Darnold? I like him. He's not exactly working with a lot around him but he's played ok. didnt play vs bills due to injury but its bye week for us so should be back next week. this is my first year of following it properly so a bit more up to date on whats going on.

Most interceptions in the NFL?

The Fins defensive coordinator reckoned they were just waiting for him to throw them the ball

i thought that was peterman? if the receivers actually ran the plays properly and weren't sacks of shit he might look ok :lol:

Nah Peterman has only played 3 games or so. Pretty sure it's Darnold. If Jamies played the year he'd be first

If the Raiders win 1 match never mind 2 it will be a miracle

They made Nick Mullens (I think that's his name) look like a hall of famer the other week. Genuinely think I could have thrown all over them.

Nah Peterman has only played 3 games or so. Pretty sure it's Darnold. If Jamies played the year he'd be first

I'm sure Eli will reclaim his rightful place atop the list by seasons end.

If the Raiders win 1 match never mind 2 it will be a miracle

Hopefully this. That will mean the Raiders 2nd round pick the Bears got from the Mack deal will be the 33rd overall - looking like an astounding bit of business for the Bears (cue Mack rupturing his cruciates)

Yeah Darnold is the most interceptions in the league, think he's got 14, in 9 games. TBF 7 of them were in his last 3 matches, prior to that it was 7 in 6 - not great but relatively under control.

Darnold looks good, and he's incredibly poised and relaxed.

He needs to improve his decision making, which is understandable for a rookie and especially one as young as he is. That's the big knock on him, he makes poor decisions.

What I would say is that he has been let down unbelievably by the organisation. Our recievers are okay, as are our RBs. But our offensive line is poor, and for the last few weeks we're trotting out an injured centre who can't snap the ball straight.

Most importantly, our offensive game planning has been dreadful. An example (albeit not with Darnold, but same OC), against the Bills they had a UDFA cornerback starting at last minute. We didn't bother testing him early on at all, just let him be.

There's no smarts in our play, just a bunch of psuedio-intelligdnt play calling. The first play of the season, Darnold's pick-six, was a play we have repeatedly tried again and again and consistently failed and we still run it out there and lost yards on it. It's absolutely baffling.

We also never have receivers open, every throw has to be on the money for a completion, we don't scheme any easy completions to get his confidence going or him into a rhythm. Watched Mayfield's debut against us (and generally our defence is decent, Sunday aside) and we had open receiver after open receiver. Baker has bags of talent obviously, but it helps if you have your team pulling towards you.

We also haven't got a QB coach for him - our OC doubles up as QB coach, which is shameful when you're drafting a new 'face of the franchise'.

What I'm basically saying is - I think Darnold can be great, but good god we're not giving him anywhere close to the best chance to fulfil his potential. He actually seems to be regressing, and lost a bit of his original coolness.

The sooner we get a new coaching staff in the better, and probably a new GM too. The whole situation is a mess basically - we're four years into a rebuild and pretty much all we have to show for it is a young, raw QB and a charismatic box safety.

How's that for a rant :lol:

Hopefully this. That will mean the Raiders 2nd round pick the Bears got from the Mack deal will be the 33rd overall - looking like an astounding bit of business for the Bears (cue Mack rupturing his cruciates)

Watched the Bears game on Sunday, looking good. First time I've seen Trubisky have a great game like that, if he can keep that up then I don't see many holes in that team. Unfortunately.

Should be a cracking game Sunday night too, just hope the Packers win tomorrow night so it's a case of closing the gap rather than opening it too far.

@Morny

Not gonna quote that epic rant;)

You just have to look at Mahomes, Goff, Wentz and now Trubisky to see what an imaginative offensive coach can do for a young QB. Can be night and day within 1 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back