NFL 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

If they get Cousins, my guess would be Nelson - odd to take a guard that high, but he's supposed to be a guaranteed All-Pro level, and we're desperate for some offensive line help.

If they don't get Cousins (I suspect he'll end up at the Vikings, truth be told), then god only knows. I'd like them to trade up and try and get either Darnold or Rosen, but got a feeling we're too conservative for that. I suspect they'll pick either Mayfield or Allen at 6, whichever is left. I'd rather Mayfield personally, as his whole demeanour indicates he'll be able to handle NYC and he seems to have a lot of ability. Allen has the physical gifts to be a QB but his college performances have been.....not great. But our GM has a history of drafting his "big, strong, physically right QBs", which is how we ended up with Hackenberg.
Cousins to the Vikings could mean the Jets try to move up to get one of Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield or Allen in the draft?

Cousins to the Vikings could mean the Jets try to move up to get one of Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield or Allen in the draft?

Aye in theory. I'd guess they either move up for Rosen/Darnold, or if they stay at 6 move up for either Mayfield/Allen, whichever is left.

The talk from the Combine is that the Browns will take Barkley at 1 and Mayfield at 4. Surprising if true but it looks like Barkley has eclipsed the already excellent ratings that the scouts had of him and is head and shoulders clear the best player in this draft.

AJ McCarron will be the likely bridge QB brought in.

The talk from the Combine is that the Browns will take Barkley at 1 and Mayfield at 4. Surprising if true but it looks like Barkley has eclipsed the already excellent ratings that the scouts had of him and is head and shoulders clear the best player in this draft.

I posted this a while ago..Barkley is the outstanding player at No1 and there'll still be a QB available at No4.

Wouldn't take too much notice of the gossip at the combine, last year the talk was they were drafting Trubisky! Really interested in how Mayfield does like he has the right mentality for the Browns, if he is successful and turns out to be a good QB people will absolutely hate the little bastard mind!

Looks like Cousins is going to the Vikings. Also someone offered the Eagles a 2nd round for Foles, wouldn't be surprised if it was the Browns.

Yeah most of the talk is this, I'm amazed by it mind. Big gamble.

Unless the giants take Mayfield/someone trades up. Suppose even if he goes they'll just take Josh Allen

If the jets take a defensive player as first pick I will be furious.

Allen or Mayfield. Mayfield would probably get into trouble in new york though as he's a bit of a twat by all accounts.

'Le'Veon Bell tells ESPN the player and Steelers are not coming to "a number we both agree on," wants a deal strictly based on his value to his team. Stresses not bluffing on retirement.'

Looks like an early retirement for Bell then! He's a great player and I love watching him but I hope we don't spunk the little cap we have left on a RB even if that RB is Bell, much more important needs in the defense and any decent RB will put up good numbers with that O line in front of him anyway.

'Le'Veon Bell tells ESPN the player and Steelers are not coming to "a number we both agree on," wants a deal strictly based on his value to his team. Stresses not bluffing on retirement.'

Looks like an early retirement for Bell then! He's a great player and I love watching him but I hope we don't spunk the little cap we have left on a RB even if that RB is Bell, much more important needs in the defense and any decent RB will put up good numbers with that O line in front of him anyway.

Cowboys said the same about Ezekiel Elliott mind.

Cowboys said the same about Ezekiel Elliott mind.
True and don't get me wrong Bell is one of the best RB's in the league and we're not going to find someone with the same production but given all the two serious injuries mixed with how much wear and tear he'll have had from the last two seasons it's not a position I'd want us to hand a big and long contract to, I'd expect a decent RB to put up good enough numbers aslong as the O line stays at the same standard as the last few years Deangelo Williams came in a couple of seasons ago and there was hardly any drop off.

True and don't get me wrong Bell is one of the best RB's in the league and we're not going to find someone with the same production but given all the two serious injuries mixed with how much wear and tear he'll have had from the last two seasons it's not a position I'd want us to hand a big and long contract to, I'd expect a decent RB to put up good enough numbers aslong as the O line stays at the same standard as the last few years Deangelo Williams came in a couple of seasons ago and there was hardly any drop off.

Good points with the injuries, think he's been suspended for the old marijuana before too?

But he is uniquely talented, he's noticeably more patient behind the line and very elusive, and you probably know more than me but he seems great as a receiver out of the backfield.

Wonder if it matters that Ben probably only has 2 or 3 years left in him.

Good points with the injuries, think he's been suspended for the old marijuana before too?

But he is uniquely talented, he's noticeably more patient behind the line and very elusive, and you probably know more than me but he seems great as a receiver out of the backfield.

Wonder if it matters that Ben probably only has 2 or 3 years left in him.
Aye I love watching him play there's no other RB like him he doesn't have much pace but is explosive and can just wait behind the line for a hole to open and there he goes for 8+ yards when other RBs would have gone for a loss if they tried that! But we'll definitely miss him more in the receiving game than running like and that would be the worry, he had the second most receptions last year for us is a security for Ben but also a miss match as the CB's have to be on Brown, Juju and Bryant so replacing that side of the game is not going to be easy.

He apparently wants 14.5m a year, his reason for wanting that is he's a RB and WR2 but I don't think you can justify paying that much for a RB.

Aye I love watching him play there's no other RB like him he doesn't have much pace but is explosive and can just wait behind the line for a hole to open and there he goes for 8+ yards when other RBs would have gone for a loss if they tried that! But we'll definitely miss him more in the receiving game than running like and that would be the worry, he had the second most receptions last year for us is a security for Ben but also a miss match as the CB's have to be on Brown, Juju and Bryant so replacing that side of the game is not going to be easy.

He apparently wants 14.5m a year, his reason for wanting that is he's a RB and WR2 but I don't think you can justify paying that much for a RB.

Devonta Freeman. Getting better every year, amazing speed and cuts for a littler fella

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back