NFL 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decided I'm going to go for either the Giants or the Jets to follow as New York is the only place in America I've actually been to. Not sure which of the two to support mind. Any recommendations?

Why is the break so long? Can't they add additional regular season fixtures?

No chance of that happening. The players union have a collective bargaining agreement with The NFL which limits the number of practices with pads and full contact. Even the number of days you can train is strictly limited.

Josh McDaniels staying with the Pats. Bill to retire within a year?

Eh - Colts had announced the hire hadn’t they. As you suggest he must have been promised Belichecks job for him to change his mind.

Pleased the Bears decided not to give him the job now

Last edited:
Decided I'm going to go for either the Giants or the Jets to follow as New York is the only place in America I've actually been to. Not sure which of the two to support mind. Any recommendations?

I'm a Jets fan. A summary of them.

They've not won a SB in 49 years. They haven't to the playoffs in 7 years. They have been bottom of their division the last two years. They have no real stars on their team. Their biggest rival is the best team in NFL over the last 20 years.

Come and join us!

;)

On a more positive note, we might finally get our QB this year, and build an exciting young team. Our owner is the US ambassador to the UK. And their tickets are a lot cheaper than Giants tickets if you ever go to NYC again. Plus, you will get a nice feeling of satisfaction knowing you steamedd into supporting a rubbish team!

Do it!

Think Giants are more fashionable, although had a terrible season. OBJ is a class player, Manning the QB is canny too.

Was at MetLife stadium this season for Falcons @ Jets, had a great day although it was torrential rain and the stadium is open air!

Buying tickets is easy enough although expect to pay a lot more to see the Giants

The Bills are in the state of New York ;)

No chance of that happening. The players union have a collective bargaining agreement with The NFL which limits the number of practices with pads and full contact. Even the number of days you can train is strictly limited.

Eh - Colts had announced the hire hadn’t they. As you suggest he must have been promised Belichecks job for him to change his mind.

Pleased the Bears decided not to give him the job now

Apparently, he spoke to the Colts on Tuesday morning to confirm he was leaving the Pats; he went to the training facility to clear his desk after the call; but Kraft and BB convinced him to stay.

The fallout has been quite big as you can imagine. He is almost certain not to be offered another HC job in the NFL, so the rumours are he has been offered the top job at the Pats once BB has stepped down.

As it stands BB has just one year left on his contract and apparently has promised McDaniels he will be more involved with building the team and managing the salary cap. Kraft is also happy as he has fucked over the Colts :lol:

Personally, I think you will see McDaniels as head coach within 12 months, but a lot of commentators think it could be sooner.

In other news...... :)

The Super Bowl attracted an audience on the Beeb of nearly 1m people at 2am.

Apparently, he spoke to the Colts on Tuesday morning to confirm he was leaving the Pats; he went to the training facility to clear his desk after the call; but Kraft and BB convinced him to stay.

The fallout has been quite big as you can imagine. He is almost certain not to be offered another HC job in the NFL, so the rumours are he has been offered the top job at the Pats once BB has stepped down.

As it stands BB has just one year left on his contract and apparently has promised McDaniels he will be more involved with building the team and managing the salary cap. Kraft is also happy as he has fucked over the Colts :lol:

Personally, I think you will see McDaniels as head coach within 12 months, but a lot of commentators think it could be sooner.

In other news...... :)

The Super Bowl attracted an audience on the Beeb of nearly 1m people at 2am.

Speaking as a Jets fan, I know that it's impossible for a coach to repair his career after walking out on a team after a day........:oops:

As for the BBC thing, that's crazy.

Joking? Rugby for puffs iirc

Loads of them end up with year long cruciate injuries and the like. QB position alone saw 1st choice players plagued with injuries. Rogers miss a huge chunk with a broken collar bone, Watson only played the early part of the season before a torn ACL stopped him, Tannehill didn't even see any of the season at all after injuring his knee at the end of the previous season, Luck missed all of the season because of his shoulder, Wentz missed the end of the season because of an ACL injury and could miss the start of next. There were other QB's missing as well. If they played over 30 games instead of 16 regular season plus the play-offs there would be no fucker left by the end of it. You could pretty much make a Superbowl winning team with the seriously injured players once they are fit again.

When I say pretty much make a Superbowl team you'd have a team full of phenomenal players, Wentz or Rogers QB, Johnson and Ware RB's, Beckham, Edelman and Robinson WR's......etc etc etc

Last edited:
Loads of them end up with year long cruciate injuries and the like. QB position alone saw 1st choice players plagued with injuries. Rogers miss a huge chunk with a broken collar bone, Watson only played the early part of the season before a torn ACL stopped him, Tannehill didn't even see any of the season at all after injuring his knee at the end of the previous season, Luck missed all of the season because of his shoulder, Wentz missed the end of the season because of an ACL injury and could miss the start of next. There were other QB's missing as well. If they played over 30 games instead of 16 regular season plus the play-offs there would be no fucker left by the end of it. You could pretty much make a Superbowl winning team with the seriously injured players once they are fit again.

When I say pretty much make a Superbowl team you'd have a team full of phenomenal players, Wentz or Rogers QB, Johnson and Ware RB's, Beckham, Edelman and Robinson WR's......etc etc etc

Always happens, Falcons have been quite fortunate since I’ve been following them, think Matt Ryan has played in over 100 consecutive games, although he rarely puts his body on the line!

One thing I don't like about the NFL is how long the off season is! Although I enjoy the draft even if I haven't a clue who's good or not.

You should watch college football and it will increase that knowledge massively. Also college football is far more passionate and a better atmosphere than NFL games, its a great watch too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back