NFL 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you's will keep Murray? Could have sworn I seen somewhere you's were interested in Charles

And you couldn't be further from the truth about Weddle. Statistically he was the best safety in the league and put up career best numbers if i remember right. Next season we'll be starting with the 1st + 5th best ranked safeties

Weddle was 2nd overall, Jefferson 14th. Weddle turns 33 next month, so let's see how he fares.

It depends on what money Murray will take, I think he'll go. He lost the starting job outright, he's injured pretty much all the time, they drafted two backs last year (and they seem to really like Richard). Plus Khalil Mack and Derek Carr have contract years coming up so we're coming to the end of having lots of cap room to pay with.

Weddle was 2nd overall, Jefferson 14th. Weddle turns 33 next month, so let's see how he fares.

It depends on what money Murray will take, I think he'll go. He lost the starting job outright, he's injured pretty much all the time, they drafted two backs last year (and they seem to really like Richard). Plus Khalil Mack and Derek Carr have contract years coming up so we're coming to the end of having lots of cap room to pay with.

He was the NFL’s highest-graded safety by Pro Football Focus.
“While I would take a few more wins over this accolade, it’s nice to be recognized as one of the NFL’s best,” Weddle said. “A lot of people had a hand in this – friends, family, teammates, coaches, management and our great fans. I thank them all" -
Can only assume it was Him or Berry at the top?

Will be interesting next off season for you then because they're two players you absolutely want tied down again. I know Ryan got MVP but Carr legitimately had a shot at it when you look at the difference in the side with him in compared to side when he was injured.

Could be worse, Could be a Bears fan giving Mike Glennon a three-year contract on at least $14.5 million a year :eek::lol:

He was the NFL’s highest-graded safety by Pro Football Focus.
“While I would take a few more wins over this accolade, it’s nice to be recognized as one of the NFL’s best,” Weddle said. “A lot of people had a hand in this – friends, family, teammates, coaches, management and our great fans. I thank them all" -
Can only assume it was Him or Berry at the top?

Will be interesting next off season for you then because they're two players you absolutely want tied down again. I know Ryan got MVP but Carr legitimately had a shot at it when you look at the difference in the side with him in compared to side when he was injured.

Could be worse, Could be a Bears fan giving Mike Glennon a three-year contract on at least $14.5 million a year :eek::lol:

You might be right, I can't remember which rankings I was reading now.

The NFL is having it's equivalent of a new Premier League TV deal, with the new collective bargaining agreement coming in. All the teams have got an extra $20m+ in cap room and the players (and their agents) know it.

The Raiders need to get Mack and Carr tied down as early as they can, then take it from there. As you say, they're both potential players of the year.

So, Patriots get Dwayne Allen to replace Marty B.
They are making a splash and getting the top corner in Free Agency in Stephone Gilmore.
All that's left is to resign Hightower, trade Jimmy G to Cleveland for the 12th pick and then you have 2 first round picks that Bill will trade for a lovely bounty.
Superbowl LII here we come......

Wasn't Taylor's fault like. More the defence blitzing every other play and our Cornerbacks getting torched every game (the jets put up 40+ points on us second game). We were absolutely appalling defensively all season.

They'll get rid. His contract option is too much for them to afford imo. Especially when we have little cap space and 20+ players entering free agency I think. Got the likes of Gilmore going in free agency thinking he's worth massive money (he's shite). He was okay against poor teams but he couldn't take the game to teams with a winning record, didn't have many turnovers but that's becuase he was afraid to throw downfield, he'd scramble for 5 yards instead.

Thing is Cardale Jones is back up and like I say he has looked really poor in the game he played. Couldn't make a read. Going to be a 2-3 year rebuilding job, only got 6 picks in the draft, bad fixtures for next year so they'll look at next year as a rebuilding year imo.
Apparently Taylor has signed a deal worth 30.5m over 2 years, great deal for the Bills that getting him for pretty much the same as Glennon.

We're in for Logan Ryan, would be very happy with that certainly happier than the rumoured interest in Dre Kirkpatrick.

Apparently Taylor has signed a deal worth 30.5m over 2 years, great deal for the Bills that getting him for pretty much the same as Glennon.

We're in for Logan Ryan, would be very happy with that certainly happier than the rumoured interest in Dre Kirkpatrick.

Aye restructured deal apart from he gets 30.5 guaranteed not 28 guaranteed

Cutlers gone - he leaves Chicago having broken practically every passing record yet leaves as one of the most hated players in memory.

Typical Jay really

Texans obviously don't want Osweiler. Sent him to the Browns PLUS a second round 2018 pick just to get him off the books :lol:

Micah Hyde. Thoughts @scott934

Versatile, can play slot corner or safety, reliable, he's also the Packers all time leader in punt return TD's IIRC. Had a big INT in the win vs Dallas in the divisional round in January. Should be a good signing as long as he's used right.

Just catching up on free agency while I'm at work. Lacy visiting the Vikes, their obsession with former Packers continues.

Jared Cook needs to be resigned, Rodgers loved him and has said it's a priority, weird that it's not done yet.

Nice move by the Redskins sacking their GM as free agency starts.......expected Garcon & Jackson to go, but disappointed they didn't keep Chris Baker, not looking forward to this season, losing season beckons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back