NFL 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Chicago and the 49ers looking to draft a QB or not? If not surely they could trade down. I thought there wasn't meant to be alot of talent available at QB this draft

Should trade down, stick with Kessler for next year and then try to make a play on Kirk Cousins next off season imo.

Not sure about the Bears but I've read that the 49ers are. Especially with Kap opting out of his contract now. They're very keen on Deshone Kizer after his interview by all accounts but you're right, the QB talent isn't the best this year

lads, will garrapolo and romo be starting qbs anywhere this coming season?

No & Yes ... Think Pats came out and said they wont trade Garrapolo but the Broncos are keen on Romo.

It's weird but I love this time of year in the NFL :lol:
garrapolo interests me. He showed he is capable last season and brady can't go on forever.

i think romo is a big risk as everyone knows he has injury problems and may go out after one snap

if I was to take anyone it would be garrapolo for a franchise that needs a qb

garrapolo interests me. He showed he is capable last season and brady can't go on forever.

i think romo is a big risk as everyone knows he has injury problems and may go out after one snap

if I was to take anyone it would be garrapolo for a franchise that needs a qb

I think any QB would be capable playing for the Pats though, it's more the schemes they create than the ability of the QB (Brady apart) ... The fact they got it done without Gronk and don't have any 'elite' WR's per say shows its more the plays than anything else.

Agree regarding Romo though, just need to look at his injuries with one of the best OL in the game and he still goes down. God knows how reliable he'd be getting hit on a more regular basis

Not sure about the Bears but I've read that the 49ers are. Especially with Kap opting out of his contract now. They're very keen on Deshone Kizer after his interview by all accounts but you're right, the QB talent isn't the best this year

Be interesting to see where Kap ends up/if anywhere. Doesn't strike me as the type of person who is bothered about playing.

I noticed Johnny Manziel is looking to get back into it. Think he's at the combine. Must have ran out of party money. Would rather redesign my offence around Tebow than pick the other 2 up!

Be interesting to see where Kap ends up/if anywhere. Doesn't strike me as the type of person who is bothered about playing.

I noticed Johnny Manziel is looking to get back into it. Think he's at the combine. Must have ran out of party money. Would rather redesign my offence around Tebow than pick the other 2 up!

:eek::lol: ... If I was a fan of whatever organization that decides to pick him up I would lose all faith in that front office. He's shown he's not dependable one bit

If the Pats don't trade Garoppolo then he'll be out of contract after the 2017 season and they'll lose him for nothing. I think he'll end up in Cleveland and Romo will end up in Chicago.

I'd like to see Romo in Houston, they'd be definite contenders if they had a QB.

Can't see Romo going to the Bears or any other side that are mid build/beginning of a build

Can't see Romo going to the Bears or any other side that are mid build/beginning of a build

I just can't see a team that look like a contender at this moment wanting him. He'd get murdered behind the Broncos O-Line, the Texans are paying Osweiller a kings ransom, the Chiefs seem happy with Smith.

The Bears are probably a QB and a decent receiver or two (to replace Jeffery) from being a playoff contender no?

I just can't see a team that look like a contender at this moment wanting him. He'd get murdered behind the Broncos O-Line, the Texans are paying Osweiller a kings ransom, the Chiefs seem happy with Smith.

The Bears are probably a QB and a decent receiver or two (to replace Jeffery) from being a playoff contender no?

Could see Tyrod Taylor ending up at the Broncos actually so can't see Romo there

You'll have seen more of the bears than me seeing as they're in your division but I can't see them being anywhere near. Especially when the Vikings will be a lot stronger next year (especially if AP stays), your lot are always there or there about and Detroit look solid.

Could maybe see him in LA with the chargers. Sure it was muted that Rivers didn't fancy the move

Last edited by a moderator:
Garoppolo won't leave NE, I think he's happy staying as Brady no2 until he packs in, a bit like Rodgers with Favre.

Watch out for Tyrod leaving, my Bills pals were calling for his head mid season and now it's looking like he's gonna be off, i could see him at SF or even the Bills rivals the Jets.

Garoppolo won't leave NE, I think he's happy staying as Brady no2 until he packs in, a bit like Rodgers with Favre.

Watch out for Tyrod leaving, my Bills pals were calling for his head mid season and now it's looking like he's gonna be off, i could see him at SF or even the Bills rivals the Jets.

Weird one with Taylor mind, more than capable QB for them so assume it's his cap hit into next season? They're taking a big gamble if wanting to replace him with a QB from the draft

Rodgers was drafted in 2005, and was the starter by 2008. Still in his rookie contract so he had no choice but to wait. I doubt Garoppolo wants to wait another 3/4 years, plus he won't make big money until he's a starter. The only way it makes sense for NE to keep him is if this is Brady's last year there. Or they're gonna pay 2 QBs like they're starters.

Rodgers was drafted in 2005, and was the starter by 2008. Still in his rookie contract so he had no choice but to wait. I doubt Garoppolo wants to wait another 3/4 years, plus he won't make big money until he's a starter. The only way it makes sense for NE to keep him is if this is Brady's last year there. Or they're gonna pay 2 QBs like they're starters.

I think Brady has one more year and Garoppolo knows this, he won't leave and will start the 2018/19 season.

Thought he was signing a new deal there? Sure I seen that a while back

Weird one with Taylor mind, more than capable QB for them so assume it's his cap hit into next season? They're taking a big gamble if wanting to replace him with a QB from the draft

The lads i know were basically blaming Tyrod for not making the playoffs, but yeah the issue is who the hell is going to replace him? Whose second string?

Is Garrappo all that?

With them receivers and line, Menziel could toot his way to the play offs

Who knows? He looked good in his 3/4 games before Brissett came in, but is that just because he was playing for the Pats.

The lads i know were basically blaming Tyrod for not making the playoffs, but yeah the issue is who the hell is going to replace him? Whose second string?

Fair enough and for sure they've definitely seen more of him than me. Must have tailed off as I thought he had a good start there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back