NFL 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

stretch

Striker
new season schedule been released, very tough season for my beloved Atlanta Falcons. Quite a few live games to look forward to.
Undecided which game to go to this year,
Either v Green Bay at home, Seahawks away or maybe home v Saints on New Year's Day, should be some great tailgates that day.
Look forward to the fantasy leagues as well if the lads are setting them up on here?

Not looking forward to this season, 49ers seem in free fall and I fully expect to get the first draft pick of 2017. So much spare wage cap but picking up nothing of note in free agency and look less dangerous then last season which is terrifying.

new season schedule been released, very tough season for my beloved Atlanta Falcons. Quite a few live games to look forward to.
Undecided which game to go to this year,
Either v Green Bay at home, Seahawks away or maybe home v Saints on New Year's Day, should be some great tailgates that day.
Look forward to the fantasy leagues as well if the lads are setting them up on here?

It's South v West matching up this year, and this probably isn't the year you want to be playing the AFC West.

I don't think the Raiders could have done much more in free agency. Two above average additions in the secondary, Bruce Irvin is a great anchor to allow Khalil Mack to do his thing and Aldon Smith returns in November. If they add a run stuffer with the 1st round pick you might be looking at an elite defence.

Best of all though is getting Osemele to the line, there's a decent chance David Carr will get enough time to play.

The fantasy leagues will be up closer to the time.

What does everyone think of the Rams mortgaging the future to get a QB this year?

It's South v West matching up this year, and this probably isn't the year you want to be playing the AFC West.

I don't think the Raiders could have done much more in free agency. Two above average additions in the secondary, Bruce Irvin is a great anchor to allow Khalil Mack to do his thing and Aldon Smith returns in November. If they add a run stuffer with the 1st round pick you might be looking at an elite defence.

Best of all though is getting Osemele to the line, there's a decent chance David Carr will get enough time to play.

The fantasy leagues will be up closer to the time.

What does everyone think of the Rams mortgaging the future to get a QB this year?

Depends where you play him. He penciled to play left tackle for you or at guard?

And about the Rams as well, scandalous amount of picks to grab the first pick at for me, is a year where the QB isn't as strong as it has been previously. On a side note its only good news for us lot at 6 as if the Brows take a QB at 2 as well it means without a shout we'll end up with one of Ramsey, Jack (my pick), Buckner or Bosa

Depends where you play him. He penciled to play left tackle for you or at guard?

And about the Rams as well, scandalous amount of picks to grab the first pick at for me, is a year where the QB isn't as strong as it has been previously. On a side note its only good news for us lot at 6 as if the Brows take a QB at 2 as well it means without a shout we'll end up with one of Ramsey, Jack (my pick), Buckner or Bosa

Guard most likely, partnering up with Donald Penn on the blindside.

I thought that about the price, two 1st a 2nd and a 3rd plus moving down with two other picks is massive. Looks like they're all in on a franchise face for Los Angeles. It's nailed on that the two QBs will go 1 and 2, I can't see the Browns going into the season with RG3. But then it is the Browns....

Guard most likely, partnering up with Donald Penn on the blindside.

I thought that about the price, two 1st a 2nd and a 3rd plus moving down with two other picks is massive. Looks like they're all in on a franchise face for Los Angeles. It's nailed on that the two QBs will go 1 and 2, I can't see the Browns going into the season with RG3. But then it is the Browns....

Then you've got yourself a hell of a deal. Something we weren't willing to match due to emphasis on him being moved to protect Flacco's blindside, no way we'd pay that for a left tackle.

See with the number two pick I started off thinking the same but i'm coming round to the idea that Browns may just hold off for a year with the QB pick now and maybe trade with someone like the Eagles and grab the extra picks along the way. Worrying though that it is them of all teams who hold the key to how this years draft pans out. 'Browns gonna Brown' is the saying isn't it :lol:

Then you've got yourself a hell of a deal. Something we weren't willing to match due to emphasis on him being moved to protect Flacco's blindside, no way we'd pay that for a left tackle.

See with the number two pick I started off thinking the same but i'm coming round to the idea that Browns may just hold off for a year with the QB pick now and maybe trade with someone like the Eagles and grab the extra picks along the way. Worrying though that it is them of all teams who hold the key to how this years draft pans out. 'Browns gonna Brown' is the saying isn't it :lol:

Penn was a top 10 tackle last year, and they already have a top 10 centre. No excuse for Derek Carr now with the line they've built for him, time to see if he really is all that.

But surely if the Browns weren't taking a QB then they could have traded #2 to the Rams? Haven't they released 12 starters or something from last year? Or maybe they've double bluffed themselves. Love the Browns me. :lol:

Penn was a top 10 tackle last year, and they already have a top 10 centre. No excuse for Derek Carr now with the line they've built for him, time to see if he really is all that.

But surely if the Browns weren't taking a QB then they could have traded #2 to the Rams? Haven't they released 12 starters or something from last year? Or maybe they've double bluffed themselves. Love the Browns me. :lol:

Think its more a case they would have taken a QB on the basis that the Titans wouldn't have, but now with Rams having first pick of the QB's I think they may settle to get the best defensive player available or trade back (thus getting a collection of picks) and waiting for next year to grab the franchise QB they need.

Speaking of Browns QB's (or ex now), you seen the latest on Johnny football? "Manziel and friends reportedly trashed rented house in L.A., with allegations of cocaine and mushrooms found there" :lol:

Think its more a case they would have taken a QB on the basis that the Titans wouldn't have, but now with Rams having first pick of the QB's I think they may settle to get the best defensive player available or trade back (thus getting a collection of picks) and waiting for next year to grab the franchise QB they need.

Speaking of Browns QB's (or ex now), you seen the latest on Johnny football? "Manziel and friends reportedly trashed rented house in L.A., with allegations of cocaine and mushrooms found there" :lol:

If they're going for a defense then it makes sense to trade back, the D class is supposed to be very deep this year. Quite a lot of me wants to see RG3 running for life in the snow in Cleveland, just for shits and giggles. See the Titans now have 6 picks in the first 76 this year, big opportunity for them.

Dropped by his agent yesterday as well, he'll be dead or in prison soon enough.

If they're going for a defense then it makes sense to trade back, the D class is supposed to be very deep this year. Quite a lot of me wants to see RG3 running for life in the snow in Cleveland, just for shits and giggles. See the Titans now have 6 picks in the first 76 this year, big opportunity for them.

Dropped by his agent yesterday as well, he'll be dead or in prison soon enough.

The D draft class is probably the strongest its been in a while so would make sense for the Browns to trade back (49ers maybe?) get a decent D prospect and stack up picks to play with next year to trade up. Would love to see Suggs hunting down RG3 like :cool::lol:

See we've got you's at our place pretty early on (week 4) this season. Bit revenge for last season ;)

The D draft class is probably the strongest its been in a while so would make sense for the Browns to trade back (49ers maybe?) get a decent D prospect and stack up picks to play with next year to trade up. Would love to see Suggs hunting down RG3 like :cool::lol:

See we've got you's at our place pretty early on (week 4) this season. Bit revenge for last season ;)

Shootout in the sunshine last year, different game this time I would think. Schedule of two halfs for the Raiders. 7 out of 8 sub .500 teams in the first half and then, errrr, not.

It's a shame Steelers fans are going to have a miserable Christmas this year :(.

Be nice to get a win complimenting the xmas festivities ;)

Edit: Am I right in thinking mate neither of our games are on TV this year? I'm sure i heard that somewhere unless they meant just prime time.
Doesn't look like it no the game on christmas day just says it's on the NFL network it seems after last season the Bengals have replaced you as we have them at prime time, good to see Burfict only has one game (unless we get them in the Playoffs again) to injure most of our team.

Browns apart the AFC north should be canny this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back