Next time Stewie comes out of hiding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The point I was making was he should never have been appointed at all and while we are now stuck with him its going to be a nothing but a waste of time.

Of course I didn't expect him to be sacked at half time. I was pointing out that hypothetically we might as well as its, in my opinion, inevitable he will be sacked in a matter of months after doing a bad job.
If the board back him he might do ok. He has before elsewhere. Even by Tuesday he won’t have his stamp on the team. I’d say by the following game we can start to make early judgments.

If the board back him he might do ok. He has before elsewhere. Even by Tuesday he won’t have his stamp on the team. I’d say by the following game we can start to make early judgments.

Seemed to me he's already making an impression, yesterday they stopped even trying to play football at all.

The last thing I want to see is his stamp on the team.

You're not allowed to point out that no one wanted him now he's here, we have to pretend he is good.

If you'd taken a poll before his appointment I'm sure less than 5% would have been for it.

Everyone knows he wasn't the man most fans would have chosen. There's just no need to bang on about it like a spoiled child.

Nobody's saying "pretend he's good". We're saying let's see what happens instead of getting your knickers wet.
No, the hoooofff ball what Parkinson implemented. Was so obvious yesterday.

Looked no different to the football we were playing under Ross. And why should it? The new guy just got here. Getting players used to new tactics takes a bit longer than two days. :lol:

Last edited:
He's been given a chance by the owners, sadly. Nowt I can do or say will change that. He won't be a success and it's purgatory until it finally dawns on the people who matter.

If it was up to me i'd sack him tomorrow.
Good job you're not in charge then. We'd have a new manager every week! :D

Having had another dose of 'Ainsworth' football yesterday, I don't think we'd have been happy with him. Just give Parkinson a chance and we'll see soon enough.

Good job you're not in charge then. We'd have a new manager every week! :D

Ironically I'm usually one of the few calling for managers to be given time. I just happen to think this one is an absolute waste because I don't want to watch us playing his type of football and don't think he will be a success.

I'd be more than happy to give someone I had even a little bit of faith in time to implement changes.

He’s doing a talk in at the stadium nov 22nd

Ah fair enough, thought someone said it had been cancelled but just had a look and still seems to be going ahead. Just with him sacking off the podcasts I'm surprised he's still doing talk ins, but glad to see there will still be a forum where he can discuss things directly with the fans

Or didn't want it. There were reports that he wants a short break before managing again, which would have ruled him out, as we couldn't have given him that time.

So you'd accept him selling to a Steve Dale or Ken Anderson, then?
he did apply he had an interview and his agent confirmed this fact, his head was battered over Barnsley situation

That's true, but in footballing term look at Barcelona. They often appoint men from within with no prior experience of managing. It's worked for them fairly well. In fact, one of the only times they went for experience with Martino, it ended in tears.
Thats because they have a philosophy and a way of doing things that is ingrained in the club and has delivered years of success. If we appointed someone from within, steeped in the Sunderland philosophy and way of doing things we'd be back at Blue House field playing Ryhope CW in 5 years time.

....which I doubt will happen soon, he should be asked point blank why he thinks Parkinson is better than Stendel, Ainsworth or even Phillips (none of those seem unrealistic) and made to defend the appointment. We are already back to just getting a press release from the club and no dialogue because they know they're a f***ing disgrace and their decision making is a joke.

I haven't heard one supporter say they're happy about Parkinson, or even defend him based on anything concrete. He's had two promotions from this division in 16 seasons at this level. Nothing other than blind faith could lead you to believe he is a good choice.

Don't expect him to ever be asked but would love to hear him try to justify it.
Wow. Clearly the scars of battle are finally taking their toll.

"which I doubt will happen soon"
Now why did he "go in to hiding" eh?
Would it be because so called supporters of Safc continually bombarded him with ville abuse and threats towards him and his family?
If I was him and CM, I'd say fuck you Safc and get out with whatever monies they've paid and see who comes in to replace.
Absolutely sickening what's happened to those 2.

Cheers, Charlie

"which I doubt will happen soon"
Now why did he "go in to hiding" eh?
Would it be because so called supporters of Safc continually bombarded him with ville abuse and threats towards him and his family?
If I was him and CM, I'd say fuck you Safc and get out with whatever monies they've paid and see who comes in to replace.
Absolutely sickening what's happened to those 2.
I don’t condone any abuse or threats whatsoever and that plum who made a comment to Flanagan shows we have some right arseholes. . It’s right that we ask him questions though when we’re getting free transfer players not good enough to play. We have a poor squad of first team players and an academy not fit for purpose and we’re a football club. I think they’re making a hash of it football wise and I can only see progress on saleability. So it’s right they have some scrutiny. I hope they turn it around for the benefit of stability but I’m questioning their intentions.

Has his career not been long enough to form an opinion on him? Does everyone just start from scratch when they rock up here?

Not sure why people keep expecting him to stop being utter garbage all of a sudden and play anything other than dull, uninspiring, mediocre football.

You can’t judge he’s going to be a failure here without taking into account everything else that influenced his previous management stints, the context in which he was operating.

Based on your argument Howard Wilkinson should have been the best appointment of my lifetime.With the likes of Bob Stokoe the worst... yet it’s Stokoe with a statue.

Your being irrational mate, at least wait a few games before you kick start your agenda.

This really is 'next level' mind.

For context:
I didn't want him, I looked at the the fact we need to get out of this league this season, and looked at (and posted about) his managerial record showing he's not the kind of manager to have an immediate, positive impact at a club with high expectations. Through that lens I struggle to see the logic in this appointment.

Previously I've been critical of the way the club has been managed internally since the owners bought us.
I've been critical of us 'putting academy kids in the shop window' to collect compensation fees.
I was critical of Ross's set up, tactics and the way we were 'drawing' our way to the play offs throughout the season.
I was critical of our transfer activity, especially at Xmas when we didn't plug the glaring, obvious gaps in the team.

But this is 'off the map'.

He's here, he's our manager, he's been appointed and the only way we're going up and avoiding the financial meltdown of a third season in this division is if he does well.

You (and I) might not have a lot of faith that he will, but we really need to to support him and the team and we really needs to give any manager more than 2 training sessions and 1 match before we decide he's utterly useless and should be sacked.

This is a phenomenally important season for our club; we need to be promoted and unless we get a massive cash injection and break the league rules it's going to be with this manager, managing this squad of players. The thought of a third season in this league fills me with dread, and right now the person in the best position to ensure we're not has been here 3 days.

He needs time and we need to give him time before we judge him a success or failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back