Next time Stewie comes out of hiding...

I think if the only thing recommending them to Safc fans is that they aren’t Steve Dale, we’re in serious trouble. Also worth noting that ken Anderson technically has a promotion on his cv. I see no evidence Donald will achieve that at Sunderland.

Who was Bolton manager when they did that? Let me think ......

Oh yes, it was this man called Phil Parkinson.

I'm not going to lie, mate, I'm pretty crushed by the appointment. I can't find any positives no matter how hard I try. It was the cheapest appointment and the one that would cause the fewest ructions/require less shuffling about internally.

I'm as disappointed as anyone we didn't appoint Alex Ferguson, inject 50 billion into the club, say "fuck you" to the financial fair play rules and transfer window system and pay a million quid a week each for Real Madrid's entire squad to come here and sign for us during the international break to take us up two divisions in two years.

For the time being though, we've got owners that are actively trying to bring in investment so that at some point in the future we can spend like crazy. Personally I'd rather not piss them off by having a go at them over this particular choice of manager.

I'd rather we took it on the chin and got behind the owners and new manager for the time being at least.

Correct. Team is getting worse after every transfer window too but he continues to leave the same folk in charge of recruitment. Youth sides are also looking worse than ever.
The state of the Academy is shocking. This was the only thing which was working before they arrived. Weve since had a mass of job losses, scale backs on staff and poor appointments. Coupled with allowing and even promoting a free for all on our best talent.

I'm as disappointed as anyone we didn't appoint Alex Ferguson, inject 50 billion into the club, say "fuck you" to the financial fair play rules and transfer window system and pay a million quid a week each for Real Madrid's entire squad to come here and sign for us during the international break to take us up two divisions in two years.
I never said I wanted that kind of stuff, it's pure fantasy. Simply an appointment that showed some kind of direction and consideration.

Who was Bolton manager when they did that? Let me think ......

Oh yes, it was this man called Phil Parkinson.
And? Does this squad look like the sort that can defend and punt its way to promotion like that Bolton did? We’re absolutely rudderless, with a mishmash of a squad with no clear identity. In fact the only thing we do know with any certainty is that they aren’t suited to the style of play of the manager the owners, in their infinite wisdom, have chosen. It’s been amateur hour on the pitch from the moment that Donald arrived at Safc. At least that incarnation of Bolton had a clear idea of what they were.

Last edited:
He's clearly not the man the majority of fans wanted, but some folks on here are acting like four-year-olds whose mum has told them they can't have ice-cream for breakfast. Stamping their feet, crying, screaming and throwing their cereal on the floor to "punish" their mum, not realising they're still not going to get ice-cream and the more they go on, the less chance they'll ever get it with any meal.

You're not very bright are you?
Brighter than you it would seem. The old experience argument is tiresome and trotted out to try and put a positive spin on a terrible appointment. Clappers gonna clap.

The state of the Academy is shocking. This was the only thing which was working before they arrived. Weve since had a mass of job losses, scale backs on staff and poor appointments. Coupled with allowing and even promoting a free for all on our best talent.

Disgraceful. All the while he has stepped in and banned Benji from having any involvement because it’s his strategy in contract negotiations.

....which I doubt will happen soon, he should be asked point blank why he thinks Parkinson is better than Stendel, Ainsworth or even Phillips (none of those seem unrealistic) and made to defend the appointment. We are already back to just getting a press release from the club and no dialogue because they know they're a f***ing disgrace and their decision making is a joke.

I haven't heard one supporter say they're happy about Parkinson, or even defend him based on anything concrete. He's had two promotions from this division in 16 seasons at this level. Nothing other than blind faith could lead you to believe he is a good choice.

Don't expect him to ever be asked but would love to hear him try to justify it.
Why don't you come over from your bolt hole and ask him yourself, that would be novel, wouldn't it.

....which I doubt will happen soon, he should be asked point blank why he thinks Parkinson is better than Stendel, Ainsworth or even Phillips (none of those seem unrealistic) and made to defend the appointment. We are already back to just getting a press release from the club and no dialogue because they know they're a f***ing disgrace and their decision making is a joke.

I haven't heard one supporter say they're happy about Parkinson, or even defend him based on anything concrete. He's had two promotions from this division in 16 seasons at this level. Nothing other than blind faith could lead you to believe he is a good choice.

He’s had the same amount as promotions as us in the last 16 years then. And also done it more recent than us. Give the bloke a chance.

I never said I wanted that kind of stuff, it's pure fantasy. Simply an appointment that showed some kind of direction and consideration.

Obviously I'm exaggerating, but there wasn't a single name linked to us that was universally praised by folks on here as being the right man for the job.

While Parkinson isn't the candidate I would have chosen either, he's here now so I think we should give him a chance to see what his plan is for the club. We're not going to see that happen within two days of his arrival.

None of us were in the job interviews, so none of us know who was actually interested in the job and what they said their plans would be in the interviews. It could be that everyone else that made it to the interview stage came across as clueless jokers whereas perhaps Parkinson had a clear plan that fit with the club's schedule for investment. We just don't know.

The club belongs to SD et al. They make the decisions whether we like it or not. I understand why people were getting angry with Short not giving us any money in the Championship to get straight back up, but the vitriol aimed at SD/CM on here while they're trying to bring in huge investment to me is just insane.

It's the whole anyonebut-ism thing. We could have had much worse owners at the club that weren't trying to bring in money to spend on the squad, but we've got these guys that are actually trying. It makes no sense to me to not just question every word out of their mouths, every decision they make, but instead to assume we know better than they do and give them the worst kinds of grief over every decision we disagree with.

To me it's insanity. As a fanbase we're biting the hand that feeds us. If we continue in that vein it's not going to end well for us in my opinion.

He's been given a chance by the owners, sadly. Nowt I can do or say will change that. He won't be a success and it's purgatory until it finally dawns on the people who matter.

If it was up to me i'd sack him tomorrow.
Define ‘a success’
He’s a decent league 1 manager.
We appear to be striving to be a decent league 1 football club. He could be a great fit

You joke of a fan. Give him a chance

And? Does this squad look like the sort that can defend and punt its way to promotion like that Bolton did? We’re absolutely rudderless, with a mishmash of a squad with no clear identity. In fact the only thing we do know with any certainty is that they aren’t suited to the style of play of the manager the owners, in their infinite wisdom, have chosen. It’s been amateur hour on the pitch from the moment that Donald arrived at Safc. At least that incarnation of Bolton had a clear idea of what they were.
If the squad is a ‘mish mash’ without an identity then which manager would have been best suited?

Whoever was appointed needs to mould them into a coherent team, and our recruitment tends to be very hit and miss.

Does this mean that Ross failed or the recruitment failed? Many fans thought that we needed more height and more pace.

Back