Next Sunderland manager?

If we had an agreement we'd announce or at least leak to press. That's not happened. We're pissing about as we've done with everything else.

How are we pissing about ? Dodds announced as interim coach until the end of the season so unless there is a major change of plan like employing someone now that’s where we’re at. If it is Still and we are appointing him there’s no way I would expect an announcement until the French season is over.

If we had an agreement we'd announce or at least leak to press. That's not happened. We're pissing about as we've done with everything else.
If they have done the groundwork and identified several candidates for a shortlist they should appoint a new coach within three weeks of this season ending to give the new coach enough time to sort out the squad for the new season.................This is what a professional outfit should do but remember they took enough time before the beale appointment to do the same and we ended up with Beale..When do people think we will appoint our new coach ? i think in the two weeks before the season starts and it will be a Beale clone!what do others think?

How are we pissing about ? Dodds announced as interim coach until the end of the season so unless there is a major change of plan like employing someone now that’s where we’re at. If it is Still and we are appointing him there’s no way I would expect an announcement until the French season is over.
If you think it's someone in work you may well be disappointed
We are waiting until season ends. It’s not rocket science.
That's too late imo. We're wasting time. Clubs plan from now onwards. We need to be proactive not reactive.

Last edited:
If they have done the groundwork and identified several candidates for a shortlist they should appoint a new coach within three weeks of this season ending to give the new coach enough time to sort out the squad for the new season.................This is what a professional outfit should do but remember they took enough time before the beale appointment to do the same and we ended up with Beale..When do people think we will appoint our new coach ? i think in the two weeks before the season starts and it will be a Beale clone!what do others think?
It'll be what's best for them and not the club.

I always find it interesting the way these threads go. It doesn't really matter who the next manager is. History shows they'll be gone in a year or so anyway.

Look at the crap he got from the press when he was linked to us the first time. Plus he won’t be able to sign anything due to the clause in his contract not being active yet.

My gut feeling is they’ve probably verbally agreed with him/his agent we’ll activate the release clause on X date and at that point we’ll offer him contract with Y wages.

Back