Next Sunderland manager?

Gennaro Gattuso ? Just been sacked by Marseille

Interesting.Fronted up to Joe Jordan and Ibrahimovic. Coached AC Milan youth.
He don't take no nonsense.

Interesting.Fronted up to Joe Jordan and Ibrahimovic. Coached AC Milan youth.
He don't take no nonsense.

Joe's my next door neighbour, and in his early 70's. I wouldn't front up to him now, let alone in his prime. Fortunately, he's a lovely bloke, if a touch on the dour side - won't use three words where one will do.

No one top notch is coming to us with this model, especially if they can’t bring their own back room staff. Worse still the summer sees us sell some of our best players. They’ll be no chance of us challenging next season so it’s a project of several years rather than having the funds to aspire to go up first time around.

It might appeal to a younger manager in the lower reaches of the EFL I guess.

Sky reporting West Ham are already sounding out candidates to replace Moyes.

If Still is really highly thought of they’ll probably look at him. He’s a West Ham fan and a move to a London club in the premier league is always going to be more appealing than the basket case that we look at the minute.

He’s a West Ham fan and a move to a London club in the premier league is always going to be more appealing than the basket case that we look at the minute.

Big gamble for a PL club, they will have a lot of interest from experienced managers and a decent pool to choose from.

Sky reporting West Ham are already sounding out candidates to replace Moyes.

If Still is really highly thought of they’ll probably look at him. He’s a West Ham fan and a move to a London club in the premier league is always going to be more appealing than the basket case that we look at the minute.
He wasn’t on the shortlist I saw in the papers earlier (Potter, Tuchel, Cooper and Lopetegui). Seems they are focusing on Prem experience

Big gamble for a PL club, they will have a lot of interest from experienced managers and a decent pool to choose from.
Aye. They'll be looking further up-market.

He'd still be a gamble for us, but after Mowbray went I thought it might be an exciting gamble. Instead we gambled on Beale, and now we've probably thrown this season away, can we gamble again next season, or look for a bit more experience?

Perhaps the answer is simply that any new manager/HC is a gamble - you just have to trust the person making the selection?

Ah...

We'll be eagerly awaiting out of work coaches applying for the job and picking the one the ££££, I mean data states is the right choice. That's the way we carry out our extensive searches.

Aye. They'll be looking further up-market.

He'd still be a gamble for us, but after Mowbray went I thought it might be an exciting gamble. Instead we gambled on Beale, and now we've probably thrown this season away, can we gamble again next season, or look for a bit more experience?

Perhaps the answer is simply that any new manager/HC is a gamble - you just have to trust the person making the selection?

Ah...
I think on paper he’s the ideal man for the job in our current situation. A man who’s happy to work with and adapt his tactics to whoever he has available.
I wish Cooper was on ours !
I don’t think he’d want the job

Back