Next 4 games

I know he had little influence against Coventry but that's because he is a dreadful football manager and literally did nothing until 3 - 0 down.
He had watched the previous game a week earlier - there was 7 days until Coventry and its 2024 - a full time super coach has plenty opportunity to watch back as many games as he likes.
As noted elsewhere, if you include Coventry and we get only 5pts from the next four, then Beale gets 12pts from 8 games = 69pt season, which is where we finished last year (with Amad). If that happens, the "dreadful football manager" will be no worse than what we had based on his actual record with us. What will he be if we win two of the next four???

As noted elsewhere, if you include Coventry and we get only 5pts from the next four, then Beale gets 12pts from 8 games = 69pt season, which is where we finished last year (with Amad). If that happens, the "dreadful football manager" will be no worse than what we had based on his actual record with us. What will he be if we win two of the next four???
You're going to great lengths to convince yourself he's a good appointment for some reason.
All evidence suggests otherwise.

Points total from those 4 games.....
1-4 Beal Out asap - I was right about him.
5 Beal under immense pressure unless we win the next game. Still think I'm probably right.
6-7 Benefit of the doubt reluctantly given, probably deserves a few more games.
8-12 Didn't expect this so fair play to him and I'm starting to wonder if my current negativity is misguided.

Last edited:
You're going to great lengths to convince yourself he's a good appointment for some reason.
All evidence suggests otherwise.
No, I'm going to great lengths to be objective by focusing on results. Results are the only evidence that matters - everything else is made up. I'll form an opinion on whether he is a good appointment after a dozen or so games.

Last edited:
Trying to banish the cup game from the weekend and look forward, how many points do you realistically think we'll garner from the next 4 games?

Ipswich (A)
Hull (H)
Stoke (H)
Boro (A)

I've tentatively got us down for 4, beating Hull and managing a draw against Stoke seen as though the bald snake has gone. If we can turn one of the other games into a win and take 7 i'd snap your hand off right now
It’s awful that even though 3 of those clubs are below is in the league and the other club haven’t won in 5 and only scored 3 in those games, 4/5 points seems to be the expectation.
aww aye original
Yeah actually is a hard run of games whichever way you look at it, really think we'll be looking at 4 but hopefully we can squeeze more, hopefully with a win over the smogs
Is it really that hard? Three of them are below us and the other haven’t won in 5.

Last edited:
Actually, that wouldn't surprise me.
We've lost six (out of 13) league games at home this season up to now
Think it was the American Statesman Benjamin Franklin who wrote that the only certainties in life were death and taxes and Sunderland losing football matches in Middlesbrough!

I only ever saw us win at Ayresome Park in Gary Hamilton's testimonial and three times, one of which was an FA Cup tie, in numerous visits to The Riverside Stadium. It's fair to say that Teesside hasn't exactly been the happiest of hunting grounds over the years for those of us of a red and white striped persuasion and whilst I hope that we can reverse the trend on Sunday February the fourth, I won't be holding my breath.

Hardly watched any games this season but my first thought was win the 2 home games and lose the 2 aways. Most people seem to be saying less than 6. Are we really that bad?

Back