RR News: Sunderland owners targetting a 100 point season in League One next year

listen gippy boy all owners and managers and footballers think fans are daft and use them as a cash cow s to pay for ther farrar's and will do anything to keep the milk flowing ..there is a unwritten rule that you dont take the piss of your own fans in case you break the spell and using a milking cow analogy the cows see beyond the wall to the abottoir and the milk dries up......charlie by one hand saying we were presumptuous big time charlies to think we should walk the league and then give a 100 point target for next season is taking the piss and in that context charlie is indeed a wanka!

I guess we'll see mate. We should know which direction we're going in the next few months.

Did playing the most games in the football league have an impact on how our season ended? Probably, you could seethe lads were knackered at the end of the game.

We've had our Wembley day out for it, let someone else have a go next season. Aim for promotion only.

Agreed, play the under 21s

I guess we'll see mate. We should know which direction we're going in the next few months.
yep hinghtsight makes billy big balls of us all!...................and using that hindsight and to quote a wise poster above we should have had a 100 point target this season!

Let's be as optomistic as possible here.

Setting a target of 100 points after that season means Charlie is either utterly deluded or there are significant changes and big plans in the offing before the start of the next season

We have a pedestrian 1 paced team who have not only failed to get anywhere near THAT total but also can't in any way implement the footballing philosophy of our manager.

Given that the manager is safe to set that target 2 days after the season has ended they're going to HAVE to back him with a significant number of the kind of signings that he needs to play a high tempo pressing game.

Therefore there's going to be a clear out of the passenger high earners and a shit load of recruitment not by TC but by the manager and the new DOF.

That's how I'm going to interpret that target, and I'm going to cross my fingers from now until the start of the season hoping it'll happen.

:lol:

Great post. Totally logical. He’s set some expectations now.

He has.

Next season I'll either be bumping that post like fuck with a hundred smilies or other posters will be bumping it like fuck having my life week after week after week.

:lol:

During their appearance on the Roker Rapport Podcast today Stewart Donald and Charlie Methven spoke about the aims for our next campaign and a “100 point season” in League One. Stewart Donald and Charlie Methven appeared on the Roker Rapport podcast earlier today - you can listen to that in full later on this evening (full details down below) -...

More at Roker Report...
..my thread was first. Shocking by mods.

During their appearance on the Roker Rapport Podcast today Stewart Donald and Charlie Methven spoke about the aims for our next campaign and a “100 point season” in League One. Stewart Donald and Charlie Methven appeared on the Roker Rapport podcast earlier today - you can listen to that in full later on this evening (full details down below) -...

More at Roker Report...

Wtf the fuck have they been drinking I want some :lol:

Back