RR News: Sunderland owners targetting a 100 point season in League One next year

No I'm not kidding. We only finished 6 points off Barnsley, there are many games we should have won way before we got in the thick of the checkatrade and the fixture buildup.
No self respecting Sunderland fan would be proud of winning this mickey mouse cup, it’s a painfully embarrassing competition . We should be concentrating only on promotion, which will not be any easier next season.

Your missing the point, all the matches in April where we had to play catch up, they were too much, we couldn't do it, if we had just concentrated on the league, we would have gone up.

I think you're missing a point too mate, we couldn't have accumulated the points we needed before April. We drew home games to Wycombe, Shrewsbury, Blackpool, Accrington Stanley, Fleetwood...a few more wins and we'd have easily gone up.

No self respecting Sunderland fan would be proud of winning this mickey mouse cup, it’s a painfully embarrassing competition . We should be concentrating only on promotion, which will not be any easier next season.

I'd be happy to see a win at Wembley. We should be looking to win every game.

Last edited:
92 points was the target this season so he's hardly saying anything crackers. He's saying due to injuries or whatever slip-ups can happen and you can miss your target by only 7 points and the season be a failure.
Aim for 100 and miss by 7 and you'll still probably be promoted.
We drew 19 games, win 8 of those and we break 100 points.
Are you Carol Vorderman?

I agree.
Last season in the championship we had our u23's in the checkatrade. Horrible competition.
I really hope next season that we treat it like a proper reserve fixture and only play those that need match fitness, and our youth / reserves

Pathetic how quickly people have turned against the owners. Yes, it’s disappointing we didn’t go up but f***ing hell man. Embarrassing crack.
Think people are just very flat at the moment,stirred up by Charlie's faux pas ...start of the season we will be raring to go

...100 points next season Del Boy n Rodney:rolleyes::lol:
Mad of fans to think we have a right to walk this league ...yet he now says he want 100 points next season ,thats not walking its driving a fekking Ferrari hrough League one !charlie is a wanka as a chant is starting to gain momentum me thinks"

Mad of fans to think we have a right to walk this league ...yet he now says he want 100 points next season ,thats not walking its driving a fekking Ferrari hrough League one !charlie is a wanka as a chant is starting to gain momentum me thinks"
Nah, they have done tremendous to get the fans back but I think he just needs to tone it down a bit.

But the fitness was fine?
..no. Every team looked fitter.

Joining us on the Podcast in the aftermath of Sunday’s devastating Play-Off Final loss are Sunderland AFC owners Stewart Donald and Charlie Methven. You can listen for free on Acast, iTunes, Spotify, & YouTube - get stuck in. How do I listen/subscribe? We’ve made it easy for all you lovely people. To subscribe on...

More at Roker Report...

Nah, they have done tremendous to get the fans back but I think he just needs to tone it down a bit.

..no. Every team looked fitter.

No they didn't man.

Eh? Are you for real?

Last edited:
92 points was the target this season so he's hardly saying anything crackers. He's saying due to injuries or whatever slip-ups can happen and you can miss your target by only 7 points and the season be a failure.
Aim for 100 and miss by 7 and you'll still probably be promoted.
We drew 19 games, win 8 of those and we break 100 points.

Ah, if only they'd targeted 100 points this season!

No they didn't man.

Eh? Are you for real?
listen gippy boy all owners and managers and footballers think fans are daft and use them as a cash cow s to pay for ther farrar's and will do anything to keep the milk flowing ..there is a unwritten rule that you dont take the piss of your own fans in case you break the spell and using a milking cow analogy the cows see beyond the wall to the abottoir and the milk dries up......charlie by one hand saying we were presumptuous big time charlies to think we should walk the league and then give a 100 point target for next season is taking the piss and in that context charlie is indeed a wanka!

Back