Newcastle Won't Survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking at the business some of the lesser teams are doing and the strength of the teams already established in the league, coupled with the fact Benitez is struggling with signings... They don't have a chance of staying up!

If you look at that squad there are only a few players who are actually premier league quality. Despite the difference in league I'd actually rather have our squad than theirs.

We have a lot more promising youngsters than them, as our academy is really starting to come good by the looks of things.

But even the bigger name signings we have a lot more money's worth than they have in their side; Lens, Kone, Khazri etc who we still have to sell off.

Even with them gone I'd still rather have this squad SG is building than what the mags currently have under Ashley and the waiter.

Far be it from me to not slate those deluded tw*ts at any opportunity, its a bit early for these kind of predictions.

still 2 months left with the window open to comment on things like this.

aye yer dead right, but it would be tremendous if FSW didnt manage to get even his 4th and 5th choices in because he couldnt shift the shite that litters their already very average PL squad.

As things stand, Burnley, CP, and Swansea - last season PL strugglers, would hump the mags all owa.

Looking at the business some of the lesser teams are doing and the strength of the teams already established in the league, coupled with the fact Benitez is struggling with signings... They don't have a chance of staying up!

If you look at that squad there are only a few players who are actually premier league quality. Despite the difference in league I'd actually rather have our squad than theirs.

We have a lot more promising youngsters than them, as our academy is really starting to come good by the looks of things.

But even the bigger name signings we have a lot more money's worth than they have in their side; Lens, Kone, Khazri etc who we still have to sell off.

Even with them gone I'd still rather have this squad SG is building than what the mags currently have under Ashley and the waiter.

This has to be a wind up surely

will you get as much for those three as we did for wijnaldum, sissoko and janmaat?

anyone who watched them last season will tell you they had a damn sight more luck than skill (even mag mates have agreed on this one), if they play the same way in the premier, then teams are far more likely to pick them off.

depends who they manage to get in of course but everyones first job after promotion is to ensure they do not go straight back down, for what it is worth i think they will be fine.

They should have enough to be well away from the bottom 3 but, Huddersfield appear to be doing sone good business and haven't we said that before?

I think if you have a style of play and stick to it then you have a chance of staying in the Prem.

Bournemouth and Burnley recruited around how they play whilst the rest just seem to buy what's available.

From what I seen of Newcastle last season, they don't look to have a set way of playing, it was pretty much a case of everything built on attack and a score more than you attitude, if they go into the premier league with that attitude they'll be relegated by christmas.

It's true that they have very few players who are top half Prem quality - but then again the Prem is a top 7 or so and the rest are all in a relegation battle as on day one. They just have to be not as bad as 3 of them to stay up.

I'd expect them to stay up but basically need to buy a new team if they want to push into the top half. Who knows what Ashley will finance and whether Rafa will spit his dummy out if he is left with a bottom half squad...not really our concern this year is it?

I think if you have a style of play and stick to it then you have a chance of staying in the Prem.

Bournemouth and Burnley recruited around how they play whilst the rest just seem to buy what's available.

From what I seen of Newcastle last season, they don't look to have a set way of playing, it was pretty much a case of everything built on attack and a score more than you attitude, if they go into the premier league with that attitude they'll be relegated by christmas.
That is the complete opposite of how we played (and we did have a particular style of play by the way). Makes me think you maybe didn't see much if any of Newcastle last season.

Far too early to say but if they don't do some serious/good business they could really struggle. All the teams you'd expect to be lower bottom half are buying, I've seen a few Mags saying they wouldn't want the players Huddersfield have bought, and maybe that's true, but if the Mags don't buy well, those players Huddersfield bought could provide a better squad than the Mags have.
All ifs and buts at the minute but no getting away from Rafa apparently wanting 5 in before the start of pre-season and one of those being Tammy Abrahams who he dealt with himself according to Douglas

Far too early to say but if they don't do some serious/good business they could really struggle. All the teams you'd expect to be lower bottom half are buying, I've seen a few Mags saying they wouldn't want the players Huddersfield have bought, and maybe that's true, but if the Mags don't buy well, those players Huddersfield bought could provide a better squad than the Mags have.
All ifs and buts at the minute but no getting away from Rafa apparently wanting 5 in before the start of pre-season and one of those being Tammy Abrahams who he dealt with himself according to Douglas

Yet Ince is a much better player than Atsu its all deflection because they know there struggling to shift their deadweight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back