Newcastle ufc (May 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s a strange one to call, Benitez has fired the opening shots by saying what he would like therefore putting the onus on to Ashley. How Ashley views this is anyone’s guess. Does he lose face and credibility by letting Benitez have the whip hand , compromise, or call his bluff? My view is the compromise but I wouldn’t be surprised at the other two options

Why would you leave 6 million a year and never get blamed from fans?

His contract is up. By signing a new contract he is resigned to the fact he will never compete again. To challenge top 6/10 you have to pay wages like the top 6/10 - he knows that/Ashley knows that. Ashley is the smartest football owner going - he just does enough to keep the fans happy and fill the ground and cream off the Sky money. He invested big when in the Championship as he knew how important it was to get straight back up.

Would be good, only because it would piss the mags off.

However, I genuinely want him to stay. They won’t progress with him yet he’s absolutely untouchable and it’s comical.

Whilst they’d struggle to bring in another “world class manager”, they might bring in a competent manager that can get the best out of an average squad for an entire season.

Careful what we wish for.
Really? He’s got them as high as they can realistically hope without a Roman Ab / dr evil type billionaire owner.

I hope he goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back