Newcastle FC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is there anyone outside of their bubble who thinks Rafa is a world-class manager? Wtf is it based on?

He's Big Sam without the stats.

He's won more than Allardyce mind. But his day has past. It's why he held out for others to come in for him (which they didn't) before he committed to the Mags.

Edit: Sorry, he was always going to commit cos he loves tha toon.

It's a bizarre entitlement like. They've won nowt for decades and have struggled for a good while now. They aren't the only club in Europe with a lot fans. They've played second-tier football nearly every decade. It just makes no sense :lol:

Newcastle United EXCLUSIVE: Sir John Hall delivers withering verdict on Toon situation

“He wanted to globalise Newcastle and to use the club to market his brand of goods in the Far East.

“But he fell out with supporters pretty quickly and for too many years now, it’s been a holding operation.

“The club is in limbo. Mike’s had enough and for everyone’s sake, the sooner he moves on the better. That’s my fervent wish for 2019.

“But it’s imperative whoever he sells to has the finance to take this magnificent club forward.

“It’s not just about coughing up £300m – and from what I hear, there’s nothing yet on the table – but having the resources to change the whole club and buy players who can take us to we’re we should be.”

“Fortunately, in Rafa Benitez, we’ve got a world class manager and the fans are as passionate as ever

Fook me who wrote this crap........ Then I realise its the Daily Star.....

So Mr Hall no mention of the shit you and your mates dropped MA in eh after selling .......? Conveniently forgot about that did you?

It's a bizarre entitlement like. They've won nowt for decades and have struggled for a good while now. They aren't the only club in Europe with a lot fans. They've played second-tier football nearly every decade. It just makes no sense :lol:

They struck lucky as they had their purple patch right at the time sky/Premier league football blew up (see huge rise in crowds at thst time too). So now many of them think that's their starting point and they're having a blip. When they should realise the couple of years challenging was actually the blip.

Newcastle United EXCLUSIVE: Sir John Hall delivers withering verdict on Toon situation

“He wanted to globalise Newcastle and to use the club to market his brand of goods in the Far East.

“But he fell out with supporters pretty quickly and for too many years now, it’s been a holding operation.

“The club is in limbo. Mike’s had enough and for everyone’s sake, the sooner he moves on the better. That’s my fervent wish for 2019.

“But it’s imperative whoever he sells to has the finance to take this magnificent club forward.

“It’s not just about coughing up £300m – and from what I hear, there’s nothing yet on the table – but having the resources to change the whole club and buy players who can take us to we’re we should be.”

“Fortunately, in Rafa Benitez, we’ve got a world class manager and the fans are as passionate as ever
So is nobody in the Far East buying his ‘brand of goods’ then?

He's won more than Allardyce mind. But his day has past. It's why he held out for others to come in for him (which they didn't) before he committed to the Mags.

Edit: Sorry, he was always going to commit cos he loves tha toon.

He's had the resources to win more than Sam. I've seen nothing ever to suggest he's a better manager.

The pathetic tactics at Villa that ultimately sent them down spring to mind.

He's had the resources to win more than Sam. I've seen nothing ever to suggest he's a better manager.

He has, but better managers tend to get better jobs with better resources. Not always but that's usually how it plays out.

On equal playing fields Allardyce out foxed him mind, and sent them down.

Other than the current top 6 no other club has had as many top 6 premier league finishes as Newcastle United. That probably has something to do with it.

If Sunderland had 8 top 6 premier league finishes and 100+ European games through the 90s and 00s do you not think the mentality and ambition of Sunderland fans would be different than it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back