Newcastle City Hall (Balcony seating)

i forgot when they originally went on sale so ended with seats near the back. going to try and get in the standing as i was there the other month and they didn't even ask to see our tickets

When the Bunnymen played the City Hall in 1983, Ian McCulloch pointed to a seat in the side of the balcony that he saw David Bowie from in 1978 - if he was there the same night as me then I was 2 or 3 seats away from him
Always got a decent view from the balcony
I can remember him saying that.:D If I remember that Bunnymen gig had been put back a few months.

Was above Billie Curries keyboard at the Sage when ultravox played there,I was mesmerised by his playing
Billy Currie is such an underrated keyboardist. I absolutely love his solo on Sleep Walk. He`s done a load of solo albums too including classical stuff.

I can remember him saying that.:D If I remember that Bunnymen gig had been put back a few months.
Postponed from June 1982 to January 1983
The record company didn't like the album (Porcupine) so made them re-record the whole lot - so they binned the tour, re-recorded the album and did a low key Scottish tour
I often wonder how different things may have been if the tour had gone ahead and the original recording of Porcupine had been released
I always felt that they lost a load of momentum and an album released in 82 would have been massive for them as there wasn't as much competition in 1982 whereas when it did come out in 83, it was competing with some great albums and got a bit lost
I never loved Porcupine in the way the way I loved the previous two and Ocean Rain

Row D goes all the way round so can sometimes have a sideways view. It’s not usually that restricted and is a pretty decent view. Had a good view from Row B sideways for David Essex.

Postponed from June 1982 to January 1983
The record company didn't like the album (Porcupine) so made them re-record the whole lot - so they binned the tour, re-recorded the album and did a low key Scottish tour
I often wonder how different things may have been if the tour had gone ahead and the original recording of Porcupine had been released
I always felt that they lost a load of momentum and an album released in 82 would have been massive for them as there wasn't as much competition in 1982 whereas when it did come out in 83, it was competing with some great albums and got a bit lost
I never loved Porcupine in the way the way I loved the previous two and Ocean Rain
The support that night was 'Now Is The Time To Forget The Whimpering Child Stand Up Become The Warrior' - their set was half over by the time the singer introduced themselves.:D

Went back to the city hall last November. First time since the 80s.
Couldn't believe how small it is.

I was in the back bit of the balcony and it was fine. Probably better view than the Arena and other statiums I've been to.
Guess at the sides you will loss a bit of sight the stage though....
First ever gig there. The quo- perfect remedy tour.

Was ridiculously hot last time I was in the balcony for a gig there, Foals a couple of years back. Really uncomfortable

Back