Newcastle City Hall (Balcony seating)

Adzy

Midfield
I fancy seeing Wolf Alice in February, but atm it's either £90 resale for a standing ticket or £40 for a so called restricted view in row D in the balcony seating? Just hoping for some clarity either way....by chance someone have a standing ticket they wanna sell or can someone give me the low down in what the views like in balcony seating?

I fancy seeing Wolf Alice in February, but atm it's either £90 resale for a standing ticket or £40 for a so called restricted view in row D in the balcony seating? Just hoping for some clarity either way....by chance someone have a standing ticket they wanna sell or can someone give me the low down in what the views like in balcony seating?
Is it on the side or facing the stage? Some of the seats up there have next to no leg room. Most times I've been up there for gigs, everyone has stood anyway

At the sides you'll see half the stage ,unless you're front row and lean over
Ok for solo or comedy
Bands less so
First aid kit I saw one of them

When I saw Fontaines DC there (same day as the mags home game), I noticed 2 lads in mag tops sat near the back of the balcony, then I saw them again later on in the standing area. So I'm guessing there's a chance that if you ask someone that you will be able to move.

Was wondering about this, they must have changed stall seats as gigs can be sitting or standing now
Wondered if they changed the balcony seating as they were terrible, no room at all

There are plenty seating plans if you go on line, deffo on ticketmaster

someone give me the low down in what the views like in balcony seating?
You see about 2/3rds the stage from up there, you’ll just not see the side your sat on unless you’re stood up.
Was wondering about this, they must have changed stall seats as gigs can be sitting or standing now
Wondered if they changed the balcony seating as they were terrible, no room at all
When the 02 people took over they replaced all the downstairs seats, upstairs remains the same - although there’s now a small bar at the back of the upstairs bit… and when it’s standing downstairs they wheel out some mobile bars that go up the sides…

All the work done during lockdown was done to keep the beer flowing during events…

Last edited:
Went back to the city hall last November. First time since the 80s.
Couldn't believe how small it is.

I was in the back bit of the balcony and it was fine. Probably better view than the Arena and other statiums I've been to.
Guess at the sides you will loss a bit of sight the stage though....

It’s a superb venue. The acoustics are great but views upstairs can miss parts of the stage depending where you sit.

When I was younger I thought it was huge but even downstairs looks tiny now.

The leg room will be awful. If it is, go to the ticket bit downstairs and complain and they'll find you something better.
When I saw Fontaines DC there (same day as the mags home game), I noticed 2 lads in mag tops sat near the back of the balcony, then I saw them again later on in the standing area. So I'm guessing there's a chance that if you ask someone that you will be able to move.
Yeah, that's what they do, they leave empty seats for those who complain about the joke legroom seats up top.

Last edited:

Saw the Bootleg Beatles in December at the City Hall and ours were ‘restricted view’ seats in the balcony. We were the first set of seats on the row the closest you could get to the stage side and about 4 rows up. Could maybe see 3/4s of the stage so whoever was on the near side you couldn’t see sitting down but everyone stood anyway so managed to see them all. I personally quite liked being so close to the stage almost with a birds eye like view.

Back