New Zealand v England 1st test starts 16 Feb at 1am on BT Sports

If they drop Foakes, I'm genuinely gonna riot :lol:

Yeah agree that’s why I slightly disagree with others over Crawley as think although they loyal to him, to get Bairstow in the side they will drop Crawley and rightly soo
If Bairstow plays it will be instead of Brook, but Brook is undroppable at the moment.

Exactly that’s why imo they will find room for both and drop Crawley.

It’s too important not to have both Bairstow and Brook in the side.

And if both fully fit think both will play

Last edited:
Yeah agree that’s why I slightly disagree with others over Crawley as think although they loyal to him, to get Bairstow in the side they will drop Crawley and rightly soo

Exactly that’s why imo they will find room for both and drop Crawley.

It’s too important not to have both Bairstow and Brook in the side.

And if both fully fit think both will play
Who opens? I don’t like the idea of messing around with the batting line up when we’re winning so many games. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it

Who opens? I don’t like the idea of messing around with the batting line up when we’re winning so many games. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it

Yeah I get that and see your point, but personally I like my best 11 on the field for such an important series and for me Bairstow and Brook definitely in that best 11, which would mean either Brook, Bairstow or Root opening and of the three Root best equipped so would go with that.

I do think the main reason we winning games is the confidence the management team is giving the batsman to play with freedom not the order of the order in that makes sense?

Last edited:
Yeah I get that and see your point, but personally I like my best 11 on the field for such an important series and for me Bairstow and Brook definitely in that best 11, which would mean either Brook, Bairstow or Root opening and of the three Root best equipped so would go with that.

I do think the main reason we winning games is the confidence the management team is giving the batsman to play with freedom not the order of the order in that makes sense?
Roots struggled against Australia recently I wouldn’t open with him. I’d be surprised if Bairstow is in the XI for the first test unless someone else gets injured but you never know

Roots struggled against Australia recently I wouldn’t open with him. I’d be surprised if Bairstow is in the XI for the first test unless someone else gets injured but you never know

Guess it depends on fitness, but after his outstanding performances last summer under this regime, if fully fit would be very surprised if he is not

Doesn’t look like it, but think they might do, if comes down between him and Bairstow.

As Bairstow will play imo, which currently would mean dropping Crawley or Foakes as only solutions
Even if Bairstow played and kept wicket..I would fancy Foakes over Crawley, he's too hit and miss
That first innings, half asleep, listening i thought..."F.ook me..hasn't he been out 3 times already!"

Back