New Zealand v England 1st test starts 16 Feb at 1am on BT Sports

Ghfd

Winger
England XI for first Test v New Zealand: Ben Duckett, Zak Crawley, Ollie Pope, Joe Root, Harry Brook, Ben Stokes (captain), Ben Foakes (wicketkeeper), Stuart Broad, Jack Leach, Ollie Robinson, James Anderson.

That the confirmed starting team unless illness intervenes

playing time is around 1am to 8pm UK time
8am not pm

Last edited:

Don't anticipate I'll see much of this series. Too busy for "all nighters" these days. Hope we win though and no doubt Bazball will be in full effect

Don't anticipate I'll see much of this series. Too busy for "all nighters" these days. Hope we win though and no doubt Bazball will be in full effect
I don’t have BT Sport but they usually post a free 15 mins highlights show after close of play . Might listen on the old radio. , like I used to do, back in the day of overseas awkward time tests

I’ve got a bit of time off in the next couple of weeks which could allow me to watch quite a bit of this, BUT, what I’ll probably do is watch it ‘as live’ on the BT Sport app. The one good thing about that is the on demand facility they have on there.

England XI for first Test v New Zealand: Ben Duckett, Zak Crawley, Ollie Pope, Joe Root, Harry Brook, Ben Stokes (captain), Ben Foakes (wicketkeeper), Stuart Broad, Jack Leach, Ollie Robinson, James Anderson.

8am not pm
Hope they have the ability to restart the play like they did for the Ashes. Nee chance I'm watching any of it live.
I’ve got a bit of time off in the next couple of weeks which could allow me to watch quite a bit of this, BUT, what I’ll probably do is watch it ‘as live’ on the BT Sport app. The one good thing about that is the on demand facility they have on there.
That defs going to be the case for this series?

Without a doubt it's the best sporting content thing out there.

Rky for some reason despite BT having this for years have only bothered to put a recap of highlights function in for their football content this season. No good when you can't see any replays or the VAR calls that lead to the goals.

Last edited:
I think the late playing time is because it’s a pink ball test. Iirc the next test will start possibly around 10pm U.K. time

8am not pm
Thanks for that S. Will catch the last few hours after walking the mutts

Nicked from elsewhere.

Few stats for the stattos.

England have not won a single Test in New Zealand for 15 years, dating back to their 2-1 series win in March 2008. Since then they have drawn five and lost two of their seven matches, both by innings to settle each of their last two tours.

Anderson and Broad need five more wickets between them to become the most prolific partnership in Test history. Shane Warne and Glenn McGrath claimed 1001 wickets in 104 games together between 1993 and 2007. Broad and Anderson currently have 997 from 132 appearances, having first played together on the 2008 tour of New Zealand.

New Zealand have played three previous Tests at Bay Oval. They won the first two by handsome margins: by an innings and 65 runs on England's previous visit, the venue's inaugural fixture in November 2019, and by 101 runs against Pakistan in December 2020. But the most recent produced a shock defeat, by eight wickets to Bangladesh last January.

Back