New three tier system announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefully the government will publish data against the 5 criteria they are now assessing each region when they review every 2 weeks

“The five factors include case detection rates in all age groups, case detection rates in the over 60s and the rate at which cases are rising or falling.The two other measures are the positivity rate - the number of positive cases detected as a percentage of tests taken - and pressure on the NHS, including current and projected occupancy”

Surprised the nhs capacity is relevant given the nightingale hospitals extra capacity

Hopefully the government will publish data against the 5 criteria they are now assessing each region when they review every 2 weeks

“The five factors include case detection rates in all age groups, case detection rates in the over 60s and the rate at which cases are rising or falling.The two other measures are the positivity rate - the number of positive cases detected as a percentage of tests taken - and pressure on the NHS, including current and projected occupancy”

Surprised the nhs capacity is relevant given the nightingale hospitals extra capacity

Link at bottom of this under allocations sets out the reasoning - reading between lines of ones in tier 2 it looks like cases need to be under 200 per 100k and under 150 per 100k in over 60

You can have a million new hospitals but if you haven’t got the staff to run them they will sit empty

Lake District is tier 2 and I want to go, i've had the virus already and would be travelling alone to do solo runs on the hills, have an evening meal and go to my room. Don't see a reason not to go personally? Am i wrong?

Well yes I know the guidance, but I will be going unless there's an appreciable reason not to - in which case I am quite happy to accept it and not go.
Common sense dictates this is fine, people need to stop thinking what their abuser thinks is acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back