New signings for the 2021 season

Hopefully a move nearer home in the Darlo and District League ?
Sadly not, club defunct.
Think the current set up joined NEDL around 2007.Not sure if there's been cricket teams throughout the previous years 🤔
There was a team many years earlier on the Weardale league, but they folded. New club formed in 2007, rejected from Darlington District so entered NEDCL.

Last edited:
Think the current set up joined NEDL around 2007.Not sure if there's been cricket teams throughout the previous years 🤔
My father was pro at Bearpark,in mid 1950's, and they played against Stanhope, in what was then the "Mid Durham Senior League". This was prior to the Durham County League being formed.
Etherley were also in the league.
Not many players had cars and Bearpark would sometimes stay overnight at Stanhope, staying in the homes of Stanhope players. The "attractions" were the "Club" at Stanhope or the Cinema.
On Sunday the Bearpark players would make their way home by Public Transport ! That is dedication for you.

My father was pro at Bearpark,in mid 1950's, and they played against Stanhope, in what was then the "Mid Durham Senior League". This was prior to the Durham County League being formed.
Etherley were also in the league.
Not many players had cars and Bearpark would sometimes stay overnight at Stanhope, staying in the homes of Stanhope players. The "attractions" were the "Club" at Stanhope or the Cinema.
On Sunday the Bearpark players would make their way home by Public Transport ! That is dedication for you.

That’s brilliant, must’ve been great to have played when the leagues were in their pomp. Nowadays you’re constantly hoping enough clubs continue to exist.

My Father used to tell some great tales of cricket at that time. One in particular shows dedication that we rarely see nowadays.
As a young player at Philadelphia, in the early days of evening cup ties, they drew Castle Eden away.
Most of the players got a bus from Philadelphia to Houghton-le-Spring. A bus from Houghton to Easington Village and then they walked to Castle Eden.
They also had to take turns carrying the "team kit bag".
After the game, the return journey !!
Also, remember, only the "pro" got paid. All the rest, paid to play !

Last edited:
My Father used to tell some great tales of cricket at that time. One in particular shows dedication that we rarely see nowadays.
As a young player at Philadelphia, in the early days of evening cup ties, they drew Castle Eden away.
Most of the players got a bus from Philadelphia to Houghton-le-Spring. A bus from Houghton to Easington Village and then they walked to Castle Eden.
They also had to take turns carrying the "team kit bag".
After the game, the return journey !!
Also, remember, only the "pro" got paid. All the rest, paid to play !
Then after the game....they had to make their way back. Unbelievable really in today’s society

Omar Shahid - Easington to Esh Winning
Luke Anderson - Ryhope to Esh Winning
Rameez Nawaz - Marske to Marsden
Mackenzie Wright - Burnmoor to Marsden
Shahid Kahn - Thornaby to Philadelphia
Dane Wilson/Jordan Wilson - Easington to Seaham Harbour

A few more I’ve heard confirmed.

Omar Shahid - Easington to Esh Winning
Luke Anderson - Ryhope to Esh Winning
Rameez Nawaz - Marske to Marsden
Mackenzie Wright - Burnmoor to Marsden
Shahid Kahn - Thornaby to Philadelphia