New signings for 2022 local clubs

Esh will be evens favourite now to win League 😀

You would think but from what I hear Brandon will be a force too. Nothing confirmed to me but a big NEPL1 player signing, a tier 5 and keeping the same side intact with Gordon leading the way with some other too players they have, they’ll be up there too
Another confirmed today

Kshitiz Sharma - Felling CC

Last edited:

Esh winning throwing cash about aren’t they?

I wouldn’t care if they had a half decent ground but it’s in appalling condition. The building that they call “a pavilion” more like a “bunker” is shocking, rats would turn their nose at their changing rooms and showers.

If they are successful in promotion in the 22 season the NEPL will reject anyhow.

I’m glad I hung my spikes up when I did.

Clubs struggling to survive after Covid and you have clubs like these throwing money at greedy mercenaries instead of investing in facilities or their junior sections.

Last edited:
It's common knowledge that Burnmoor pay out huge amounts but it seems like South North are recognising the danger and are going big themselves. On top of a big wage for "CEO" Michael Richardson, rumours are they will sign Stu Poynter as well ex academy prospect Asher Hart. South North do have some excellent older heads that play for free which always helps, but now more than ever they seem to be going big on outside players. It seems like a new era with John Graham following Adam Heather to Benwell Hill. Also heard an unconfirmed rumour that Jonny Wightman is heading to Whitburn and playing closer to home.
Delighted to say Stu has signed a 2 year contract with Tynemouth

It's common knowledge that Burnmoor pay out huge amounts but it seems like South North are recognising the danger and are going big themselves. On top of a big wage for "CEO" Michael Richardson, rumours are they will sign Stu Poynter as well ex academy prospect Asher Hart. South North do have some excellent older heads that play for free which always helps, but now more than ever they seem to be going big on outside players. It seems like a new era with John Graham following Adam Heather to Benwell Hill. Also heard an unconfirmed rumour that Jonny Wightman is heading to Whitburn and playing closer to home.
We played against Adam Heather twice at 2nd XI this year. Different class at that level :eek:

It's a shame for Sacriston. They'd have a cracking team if they kept their homegrown players. That's now three of their lads at Shotley if Dan Anderson is staying there also. With Sol Bell at South North and Jonny Bushnell apparantly on the move this winter, that's a lot of batters getting their runs away from Segga.
Always had a steady flow of talented local lads .Burn and Peel for Durham in their Minor County days.Betts,Hunter and Jones to first class level.Plentiful players at the various junior levels.

Assume Segga lads going for a few Bob at other clubs. One bad sign of local cricket is that 4 or 5 players from a lot of clubs are being paid so move around a lot.

Looking at the In's and Out's it looks like the Prem league has strengthened, first divison weakened and the top division in DCL strengthened as well. A long time to go but with more overseas coming over, some good local cricket to watch in 2022

Hetton Lyons - Akshay Karnewar
Benwell Hill - John Graham
Tynemouth - Stu Poynter
Eppleton - Sadaf Hussain (retained)
Felling - Kshitiz Sharma, Travis Norris, Joe Cracknell (retained)
Whitburn - Jack Burnham, Vishal Tripathi, Jonny Wightman (?)
Burnopfield - Oliver Metcalfe, Gareth Harte (?)
Sunderland - Kieron Waterson
Newcastle - Tom Mackintosh (retained)

Some good signings amongst those lot that are confirmed. I definitely think the NEPL is stronger this year. Sides historically near the bottom appear to be getting stronger, and the two promoted sides are a lot stronger than recent promoted sides. Quite telling that ins and outs have been very quiet amongst the clubs expected to be near the top - I'd expect South North to strengthen, maybe they go back to getting UK qualified overseas in the Brendan Ford mould so that they can play national knockout.

Back