New signings for 2022 local clubs

Poolynorm

Central Defender
Probably a bit early for much activity on the signings front but any rumours,fantasies or possible changes ? Seen that local lad Karl Turner has returned to his roots at Esh Winning.Well known that another EW prodigy has signed for Marty's favourite team .

Confirmed DNECL -

Zaheer Shabaz - Sunderland to Littletown
Jack Lacey - Seaham Park to Seaham Harbour
Karl Turner - Hetton Lyons to Esh Winning

Easy will be strong next year. Hearing they retaining the same team but adding Turner.

Esh at a canter for the league.

Losing Ihsan Ul Haq and Shahid Kahn from this years side for definite. Rumoured to be going to Ushaw Moor. But another rumour is Jake Louth joining Karl Turner there, not yet fully confirmed. Omar Shahid staying.

They’ll be up there but it’ll be a very strong division. The 4 sides up there will all be up there again then you have Boldon CC coming down and Seaham Harbour coming up who all have huge budgets as the rumours go.

Cash is king ;)
This is it. There is as much money paid out in the lower leagues as there is the NEPL. The desire to be promoted is huge. Dale Shaw dropped down last year and has been a huge factor in Seaham Park gaining promotion, so some would say money well spent as their aim for a number of years now has been to join the NEPL.

Shahbaz had a really poor season with just 4 league wickets for Sunderland so I can't imagine he was awash with offers. The other two appear to be returning to their home clubs.
Easy will be strong next year. Hearing they retaining the same team but adding Turner.

Esh at a canter for the league.
As long as I can remember, Esh are the only team to be refused promotion to NEPL for facilities/pitch/whatever it was. Have they made the necessary improvements in the last few years so that they are in a position to go up, should they win the league?

Last edited:
Asks another question though mate do they want to move up 🤔The NEPL is not the promised land for some clubs I think another issue in the past was a full supplement of teams .All junior age groups plus a Sunday team

This is it. There is as much money paid out in the lower leagues as there is the NEPL. The desire to be promoted is huge. Dale Shaw dropped down last year and has been a huge factor in Seaham Park gaining promotion, so some would say money well spent as their aim for a number of years now has been to join the NEPL.

Shahbaz had a really poor season with just 4 league wickets for Sunderland so I can't imagine he was awash with offers. The other two appear to be returning to their home clubs.

As long as I can remember, Esh are the only team to be refused promotion to NEPL for facilities/pitch/whatever it was. Have they made the necessary improvements in the last few years so that they are in a position to go up, should they win the league?

You’d be surpised on the Zazz front, I am a big believer in states but they don’t always tell the full story when you scratch beneath the surface and ask what the situation was. I don’t mean with him either, rather players/officials he’s played for/with and against. Looking forward to seeing him in an LCC shirt next year.

In terms of money being paid the rumours will always persist but I believe that there’ll be some big big money on offer in the DNECL this year with what’s already there and the likes of Boldon coming down and Seaham Harbour and Ryhope coming up. Will be a very competitive league.

Asks another question though mate do they want to move up 🤔The NEPL is not the promised land for some clubs I think another issue in the past was a full supplement of teams .All junior age groups plus a Sunday team
It's strange how the NEPL didn't accept Esh Winning or give them a chance but accepted tudhoe who has the same size ground and changing facilities,

It's strange how the NEPL didn't accept Esh Winning or give them a chance but accepted tudhoe who has the same size ground and changing facilities,
Correct me if I am wrong but I though Esh didn’t get in as they did not have a Sunday 3rd XI or midweek 3rd XI and a team at all junior ages?

Doubt it.

Last I heard the facilities are OK but the pitch is too small.

The right thing IMO. Stops a quick fix of just hoying a load of money at a first team being a route to the top.
Not soo sure about that although I get the good intention of your point.

Personally I think if you have a good club who have worked their way through the leagues, they should not be stooped from progressing because they have not got a Sunday side!

Especially in this age of other interests and lack of participation in some areas.

Not soo sure about that although I get the good intention of your point.

Personally I think if you have a good club who have worked their way through the leagues, they should not be stooped from progressing because they have not got a Sunday side!

Especially in this age of other interests and lack of participation in some areas.

Its almost impossible to work your way up to NEPL level without spending money though. So if you let clubs in with no juniors or Sunday side they would have been prioritising instant first team success over growing their club.

The current system encourages clubs to spend their money and time on growing participation so I think it’s a good one.

Plenty of clubs with small catchment areas turning out both juniors and Sunday sides in the modern era btw. There’s more Sunday teams now than ever before.

Last edited:

Back