New signing for durham

If lads come through the academy they've become "localised" i.m.o. as they've been home produced. The signing of international class spinners fills a void but having two overseas spinners requires clarification assuming we're not planning to drop Bedingham. Presumably they're going to share the workload perhaps on Cricket Australia's insistence.
North seems to putting great faith in DeLeede, suffering a heal injury at present apparently
.Still think there's a lack of proven depth in the seam department given Carse and Coughlin's fitness record and Rushy and Salisbury not being replaced.That's not intended to be negative, it's simply realistic.

Last edited:

Bizarre but that sums up the Marcus North era at Durham, not sure what the purpose of him is. He's achieved nothing so far and should have followed Franklin out the door
Unsure what you think is bizarre here? The fact Durham have signed a promising Australian test international bowler? I appreciate you pay your money and are entitled to an opinion as a member on North but give the guy a break.

The clubs starting afresh under Campbell so I think it’s worth giving North the time to hopefully build something positive with Campbell. Getting rid of North as well as Franklin would have been a huge backwards step.

Here’s to next season, I cannot wait!

If lads come through the academy they've become "localised" i.m.o. as they've been home produced. The signing of international class spinners fills a void but having two overseas spinners requires clarification assuming we're not planning to drop Bedingham. Presumably they're going to share the workload perhaps on Cricket Australia's insistence.
North seems to putting great faith in DeLeede, suffering a heal injury at present apparently
.Still think there's a lack of proven depth in the seam department given Carse and Coughlin's fitness record and Rushy and Salisbury not being replaced.That's not intended to be negative, it's simply realistic.

Murphy is injured and won't be joining us till later, kuhnemann is the short term replacement

Yeh but the club announcement today said Kundermann was here for the whole season.
That article on his signing was a bit baffling as to who was going to be here and when.
I certainly can't see them both being here at the same time even if cricket Australia have done a deal with Durham to have their young spinners over her playing cricket thud ashes summer.

That article on his signing was a bit baffling as to who was going to be here and when.
I certainly can't see them both being here at the same time even if cricket Australia have done a deal with Durham to have their young spinners over her playing cricket thud ashes summer.
Agree, I recall North's wording at the forum was "hopefully" Murphy will come later in the season.

Unsure what you think is bizarre here? The fact Durham have signed a promising Australian test international bowler? I appreciate you pay your money and are entitled to an opinion as a member on North but give the guy a break.

The clubs starting afresh under Campbell so I think it’s worth giving North the time to hopefully build something positive with Campbell. Getting rid of North as well as Franklin would have been a huge backwards step.

Here’s to next season, I cannot wait!
I'm just a tad concerned this is going to block gateways for younger talent. I don't mind the odd overseas signing but it seems extreme at the moment. As for giving North a break, like everyone I will judge him on performance and I'm none the wiser what he's done at Durham truth be told, he's a very good talker though. He was involved with the 16.4 last year which doesn't sit well with me and didn't with Franklin and Killeen both of whom have now left the club, it doesn't smack as commitment which again I've said on here. I hope things improve but I'd have chased North last year. It's a big year for the club, a lot needs improving on and off the field, we've gone backwards massively.

Borthwick left the pitch with a badly broken finger yesterday, wouldn't expect him to play for a while.
Oh,dear. McKinney may well get his chance earlier than expected. Wouldn't bat him at 3 though.Move everyone up and bat him at 6 and see how it goes. Also gives Bushnell and Trevaskis an opportunity to cement their places.

Oh,dear. McKinney may well get his chance earlier than expected. Wouldn't bat him at 3 though.Move everyone up and bat him at 6 and see how it goes. Also gives Bushnell and Trevaskis an opportunity to cement their places.

I reckon mckinney or clark most likely at 3 and opening the door for trevaskis, mackintosh or Coughlin depending on what we want most

I reckon mckinney or clark most likely at 3 and opening the door for trevaskis, mackintosh or Coughlin depending on what we want most

Campbell seems to rate Graham Clark (and so do I fwiw) so I’d think he’s more likely to bat at 3. Have been impressed with McKinney this week mind.

Campbell seems to rate Graham Clark (and so do I fwiw) so I’d think he’s more likely to bat at 3. Have been impressed with McKinney this week mind.
As someone who has excelled in whiteball cricket it feels like he'd fit the mold of what campbell wants

I'm just a tad concerned this is going to block gateways for younger talent. I don't mind the odd overseas signing but it seems extreme at the moment. As for giving North a break, like everyone I will judge him on performance and I'm none the wiser what he's done at Durham truth be told, he's a very good talker though. He was involved with the 16.4 last year which doesn't sit well with me and didn't with Franklin and Killeen both of whom have now left the club, it doesn't smack as commitment which again I've said on here. I hope things improve but I'd have chased North last year. It's a big year for the club, a lot needs improving on and off the field, we've gone backwards massively.
What is extreme about having 2 overseas players ? This is the new norm. I am all for developing our own players, 2 points...1 They have to be good enough to earn, and hold onto a place in the 1st team. 2. If you want to get promoted and/or win trophies you have to have quality overseas and senior players(depending on your budget).
Due to injuries to De Leede and Borthwick my batting order would be
Lees, Jones, Clark, Bedingham, Robinson, McKinney/Bushnell
If Kuhnemann is here in time, I p;ay him and 4 seamers. We are fortunate that our seamers all bat.
Only worry is that ECB put restrictions on Potts and Carse.
Injuries and England calls could open pathways for our younger players.
I am quietly confident otherwise.

Robinson and that isn't plus you have Clarke and that as well what would your team be

I suspect Robinson might bat at 5 this year, Trevaskis could bat 7 or 8 if the team has the flexibility of a couple of all-rounders going in before him.

My team? I genuinely haven’t got a clue. It’s the first time I’ve ever been so confused going into a season as to how we’ll line up.

Back