New signing for durham

I suspect Robinson might bat at 5 this year, Trevaskis could bat 7 or 8 if the team has the flexibility of a couple of all-rounders going in before him.

My team? I genuinely haven’t got a clue. It’s the first time I’ve ever been so confused going into a season as to how we’ll line up.

Same but will guess

Lees
Jones
McKinney
Bedingham
Clark
Bushnell
Robinson
Raine
Potts
Carse
Kundermann

Only discrepancy I can think of is maybe Glover instead of Clark purely based on Bushnell and Robinson are capable with the bat and they may look at an extra bowling option with Glover.

I suspect Robinson might bat at 5 this year, Trevaskis could bat 7 or 8 if the team has the flexibility of a couple of all-rounders going in before him.

My team? I genuinely haven’t got a clue. It’s the first time I’ve ever been so confused going into a season as to how we’ll line up.

Campbell said at the previous members meeting (the one we actually had some notice of) that the prospective top 5 were Lees, Jones, Badger, Bedingham and Robinson. He then said Clark would also come into consideration.

Clearly things may have changed, but that was his thinking a couple of months ago.

Robinson scored 80 odd against the racists yesterday. He clearly knows which end of the bat to hold 😀

Same but will guess

Lees
Jones
McKinney
Bedingham
Clark
Bushnell
Robinson
Raine
Potts
Carse
Kundermann

Only discrepancy I can think of is maybe Glover instead of Clark purely based on Bushnell and Robinson are capable with the bat and they may look at an extra bowling option with Glover.
Surprised you have not picked Coughlin and you consider Glover before him if you need an extra bowler ??

Lees
Jones
Bedingham
McKinney
Robinson
Bushnell
Coughlin
Raine
Carse
Potts
Kuhnemann

Just looking at Durham's line up for the opener at Hove last season and no less than five players no longer with the club : Dickson, Petersen, Eckersley, Salisbury and of course Rushworth.

Lees
Jones
Bedingham
McKinney
Robinson
Bushnell
Coughlin
Raine
Carse
Potts
Kuhnemann

Just looking at Durham's line up for the opener at Hove last season and no less than five players no longer with the club : Dickson, Petersen, Eckersley, Salisbury and of course Rushworth.
Apart from Robinson,the replacements are far cheaper options. Last year we were operating on 60% of the salary cap according to North. Reckon this year it'll be <50%.
So we're fighting well above our weight.
Don't think we need 4 front line seamers. I'd have Trevaskis in for Carse. Campbell said pre-Zimbabwe that he's use the tour to finalise one or two places that he was still unsure of. Trevaskis is probably the leading wicket taker pre -season and Carse largely ineffective.

Looking at these posts it looks like we've got the right players but we can't decide on the correct order (including me).

Good luck Mr Campbell.

Just before you arrived we were naming the Saffers who have played for Durham. Just realised we totally forgot him.

Probably been more forgettable ones than memorable in recent history.

They did mention favourite overseas and i said Hastings straight away which was apparently a popular answer. Sangakarra and latham rounded out my top 3 - recency bias obviously.

Oh and i added Warner just for the crack
Lees
Jones
Bedingham
McKinney
Robinson
Bushnell
Coughlin
Raine
Carse
Potts
Kuhnemann

I think Clark will bat 3 and 7 could be any between coughlin, trevaskis and Mackintosh depending on how much we trust bushnells bowling against trev/coggers batting.

Last edited:
Surprised you have not picked Coughlin and you consider Glover before him if you need an extra bowler ??

Purely guess work. Very much in the unknown about it. I've got no idea what the batting lineup could be either, Robinson likely at 5 maybe? Lots of decisions to be made I guess. Just hope we see some positive intentions. I'm not expecting miracles as I've said many times I feel we went backwards massively last year. Be good to see folk in two weeks time.

Back